Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 7:00-9:00pm Test Set Day
by, October 5th, 2012 at 01:14 AM (508 Views)
200 Free desc. the 50s
200 Dolphin Kick w/ board desc. the 50s
200 Free Pull breathe every 5
12 x 25 V-Sit Sculling @ 1:15
At this point, I noticed that John had to deal with a swimmer from the other practice group who apparently plowed headfirst into the wall HARD while swimming backstroke. The swimmer was out of the pool and sitting down, but John had to check him out, and then held his head/neck stable as the head guard was calling for the ambulance.
I knew he was preoccupied, so I went over to him to get the sets to relay them to the group so no one would get too out of hand while they were dealing with the emergency. SPECIAL NOTE: The boy ended up being checked out as okay, and was released by the paramedics to his parents at the pool. Scary moment though.
While this was going on:
12 x 50 @ 1:00, IMOrder 3x through
Test Set: (we got started on this while John was finishing up with the medics).
10 x 100 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 2:00
We had one of those 10 minute or so lectures (that we've all heard many times before) about the attention to details, work ethic, doing this for ourselves, , etc. etc. Dang kids...pay attention to what you're doing...I don't want to have to repeat these test sets again, which we're being threatened with for the future.
- I ended up going 4th in the lane (we had lots more kids there today)
- Avg'd 1:34 (7 seconds faster than last week)
- Best time 1:32, Not best 1:38, mostly 1:33s - at #8 my times slowed down by almost 5 seconds.
- HR 23 over 10 seconds.
200 Free EZ then migrate to diving end for
Test Set #2 (ooooo happy day!)
5 x 100 AFAP Free from a dive
200 EZ and out
- I called it! I mentioned to one of the other kids in the lane that we're probably doing some sort of all out 100s from a dive. He said..."nah, I don't think so." Dude, I've been around swimming long enough...I know how these coaches work!
- 1 wave at a time @ approx. 6:00 interval (we had 6 waves so it was more like 7:00)
- I ended up having great races with Jared on this, we basically tied on each one, and my kick really came on like crazy at the end of each one. I guess my training is working.
- Went :56, :55, :55, :55, :56 <-- tired on the last one
- No cooldowns between, just sitting, resting, shaking out the legs, and being an age grouper. Not too big of deal.
- My masters best time in the 100 Free is a 52.0 or so, so to be consistently within 3 seconds of that in practice with my big ol' suit, and all this training is great. I'm looking forward to this weekend.
3400 Yards - short but intense. I actually feel really good now after practice...we'll see how that changes in the morning.