Swim/SCY w/Speedo aka Moi Eisley:

Warm up:

-- missed some of this cuz I strolled in a bit late

500 various
8 x 25 shooters
50 EZ

Main Sets:

10 x 25 drag races shooters @ 1:00
-- start @ mid-pool, from dead stop dolphin kick underwater fast to wall, swim back out easy
-- 6 back, 4 belly
-- Speedo was clearly cheating on these by doing a mini push off the bottom!
MUM (= masters ultra minute for sprinters)

100 EZ

5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) with w/fins @ 3:00
-- free (10 low), free (10 high), free (10 mid), back shooter (9), dolphin kick w/board (11 flat)
MUM

50 EZ

50 AFAP back from the blocks
-- Speed clocked me at 28 flat. But I went a couple kicks past the 15 m mark, so I add half a second. Still a fast practice time considering the week of training and how sore I was.
MUM

150 EZ

5 x 40 w/bungee cordz @ 2:00
2 breast: pull until taut + 10 fast strokes
2 back: pull until taut + 30 strong strokes
1 back flutter kick: pull until taut + :20 fast kicking

100 EZ

Total: 2250

ART, 30 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was great meeting up with Speedo after a bike induced break despite him being a cheater. I figure his stiff ankles needed a handicap.

I'm pretty sore and tired after a busy week of training. 6 days in a row of swimming. Definitely taking tomorrow off. Busy with Lil Fort's am soccer game and afternoon swim meet anyway. And then it's Homecoming again. This year, we had a dress debacle with a dress ordered over the internet not fitting. Imagine that and guess who told Teen Fort this was a bad idea. Emergency was happily resolved yesterday afternoon.

Submit "Friday, Oct. 5" to Digg Submit "Friday, Oct. 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Oct. 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Oct. 5" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments