View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

part II spring break

Rate this Entry
I needed a break from swimming so I ran 2 days in a row: Fri= 45:00 minutes, Sat. morning I got up a 5 am to swim before leaving for Chicago. I was disappointed to discover there were NO pools open till 9am. I drove home and ran 45:00 again, then we hopped in the car and motored off to CHicago for a day of shopping, eating, and a play! I bought some cool stuff, enjoyed "Blue man Group" (7th time I've seen it), and had all my favorite Chicago food! (Maxwell St. sausages, Gino's East Chicago Style Pizza, awesome BROWNIES from Sacred Grounds in Water Tower Place, a couple of great random margarita's, and some fresh Garrett's Popcorn to snack on during the drive home!). Today I'm on a diet...but the Chicago splurge was well worth the fat and calories.

Today's Swim w/Team Nasti:

1) 500 warm-up swim
2) 8 X 50 on :50 (all free)
3) 4 X 75 on 1:20 (all free)
4) 4 X 100 on 1:45 (all free)
5) 200 Kick w/fins (flutter on back)
6) 3 X (25 w/5 seconds rest,50 w/10 sec rest, 75 w/15 sec rest, and 100 w/20 sec rest)
7) 4 X 50 free on :50 (all free)
8) 2 X 75 on 1:20 (IM w/no free)
9) 2 X 100 on 1:45 (free)
10) 200 ez free cool-down
3,300 yds.

Submit "part II spring break" to Digg Submit "part II spring break" to del.icio.us Submit "part II spring break" to StumbleUpon Submit "part II spring break" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We are not vacation people at all (too cheap, too disorganized), but when my daughter was 13, the only thing she wanted was to go to the Chicago Art Institute. So we actually went on a little vacation and headed to Chicago for 3 days. The Art Institute (and other museums) were great, but the high point was that crazy good popcorn. I'd never heard of it before and I've never seen it since, but man was that stuff good.

I'm envious of your fun trip!