Rate this Entry
Drylands:

rehab ex, 15 min
leg abductor, 120 x 4 x 8
super pullover, 120 x 3 x 15
lower back machine, 110 x 1 x 35, 120 x 2 x 15
pec fly, 85 x 3 x 12
standing power wheel roll outs, 2 x 10
-- My intercostal muscles still are slightly sore from doing these last Wed. Aside from being a fantastic core exercise, this exercise must be good for freestyle.
russian twists w/25 lb plate, 2 x 25
knee tuck jumps, 10
resisted track start jumps, 40 x 1 x 15
altitude drops, 10

Treadmill, 3 miles

Stretching/Yoga/Foam Roller, 30 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No idea what prompted me to hop on the treadmill today, but this is dangerous behavior. I had to wrench myself off. Running is bad for swimming ... running is bad for swimming ... running is bad for swimming. It's amazing how, since I basically retired from running, my body has been completely transformed from skinny runner to buff swimmer. My skinny Lil Fort is taking up the mantel though, having done a 7 mile run with Mr. Fort this am. She also scored the winning soccer goal and swam 3 PRs at her swim meet this weekend. Sadly, though, swimming has been relegated to her third favorite sport, and this will be her last year in USA-S. I'm satisfied that all 3 of my kids are good swimmers though, and amply qualified to grow up and be triathletes who don't drown.

Back to the pool tomorrow!

Submit "Sunday, Oct. 7" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Oct. 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Oct. 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Oct. 7" to Google

Comments

Running is bad for swimming ... running is bad for swimming ... running is bad for swimming
    Running is evil. It should have no part in swimming. Runners have stiff ankles - no kicking ability, runners have only leg muscles, no upper body muscles - no pulling ability. No kicking, no pulling, no swimming.
    Plus running is bad on me knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Running is evil. It should have no part in swimming. Runners have stiff ankles - no kicking ability, runners have only leg muscles, no upper body muscles - no pulling ability. No kicking, no pulling, no swimming.
    Plus running is bad on me knee.
    Plus, it taxes the legs too much to be of use in the pool!

I read somewhere recently that, contrary to the customary runner's stretching of the hamstrings, etc., it may in fact be better for runners to be as inflexible as possible. (That would be Mr. Fort.)