100 EZ

Main Sets:

2 x (5 x 50 w/fins + 100 EZ) @ 1:30
1 = 15 burst + cruise
2 = 25 fast + cruise
3 = 35 fast + cruise
4 = EZ
5 = AFAP

Did round 1 dolphin kick w/board (25 on 50) and round 2 evil (28 flat on 50)

3 x through w/chute & fins
25 fast breast + 25 EZ @ 1:30
25 fast back + 25 EZ @ 1:30
25 fast free + 25 EZ @ 1:30
50 EZ
-- went 21 (evil), 19 (back), 18 (free)

8 x 50 free smooth @ 1:00

Total: 3450

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ugh, felt awful today, really sore. This was one of those days where weights killed a workout. My upper body was toast from yesterday. I considered bagging a HIT workout, but decided to slog through it. I did a couple pre-sets from HIT workout #2 and a main set from #1: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?p=276116#post276116"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame]. Probably should have put on compression gear last night. Will go do so shortly.

This is very funny and so unlike me. I saw a post on FB where someone was wishing the old tech suits were legal at least for yards. My first thought was "NO, I'm doing relatively better vis-a-vis my competitors since they were banned." Then I started wondering how fast I might go with them. I definitely miss them most in free and breast and, especially, long course.

Submit "Monday, Oct. 8" to Digg Submit "Monday, Oct. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Oct. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Oct. 8" to Google

Updated October 8th, 2012 at 05:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

This is very funny and so unlike me. I saw a post on FB where someone was wishing the old tech suits were legal at least for yards.
    And it's also a shame we had to ban the tech suits because people stopped going to meets as a result. The 2012 Albatross had about 40 more swimmers than last year (20% more) while both Nationals were very highly attended. Just think how overcrowded these meets would have been if we didn't get rid of the suits! LOL
    Plus they really didn't ban these suits for women, only eliminated a zipper, neoprene, and a tiny bit of fabric from the knees down. I realize we disagree on this, mither, but in your heart, you know it's true!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Plus they really didn't ban these suits for women, only eliminated a zipper, neoprene, and a tiny bit of fabric from the knees down. I realize we disagree on this, mither, but in your heart, you know it's true!
    Jim ... Jim ... Jim ...

Eliminating a zipper, back coverage, neoprene and knee to ankle coverage is a huge change! You men may have had more of an adjustment, but that doesn't mean there isn't a big change for women. Times are decidedly slower than in the tech suit era. That's the real proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Jim ... Jim ... Jim ...

Eliminating a zipper, back coverage, neoprene and knee to ankle coverage is a huge change! You men may have had more of an adjustment, but that doesn't mean there isn't a big change for women. Times are decidedly slower than in the tech suit era. That's the real proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    And it's also a shame we had to ban the tech suits because people stopped going to meets as a result. The 2012 Albatross had about 40 more swimmers than last year (20% more) while both Nationals were very highly attended. Just think how overcrowded these meets would have been if we didn't get rid of the suits! LOL
    Maybe all master sports are getting more popular? Or USMS is doing a better marketing job? Or you just ran wonderful meets as champs chair.
    I was just in a silly mood yesterday (I was also busting on Speedo). Greensboro was a big draw because of the new pool and of course Omaha had the Trials pool - so those were unique circumstances and those meets would have been large regardless of suit rules. I have no idea what happened with the Albatross this past year - that was not predicted and may have just been an outlying data point.
    Silly is good!