View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Thursday 101112 workouts

Rate this Entry
by , October 11th, 2012 at 11:53 PM (11 Views)
went out for a little spin on my bike this morning:

Home to Ahwatukee, shortcut back 41.6 mi 02:12 19.0mph pace

There was a little drizzle as I left home this morning, and I thought about turning back. It got heavy about a mile later, but then stopped, so I kept going. Did my usual route over to Ahwatukee, and did a hill loop counter-clockwise. Just as I started climbing, the rain picked up again, but it wasn't bad, and actually felt good. Decided to try a different way back, just Chandler Blvd the whole way to Chandler Mall. Wasn't bad, and certainly saved some time.
http://app.strava.com/rides/24656433

it certainly was an interesting ride, had some of everything, from dark to clouds to rain, to some sun (was about to pull out my sunglasses for a while). at least the wind wasn't too horrible.
doing a mini-taper for Tour de Scottsdale.
When I think back to my last cycling event, back in April, I really wasn't nearly as serious as I am now.
this will be the first of 3 different cycling events this fall.

at least this rain is a part of a front that is coming through and finally pushing out the last of the summer heat. highs over the next few days will be below normal. and the weather should be all cleared up for Sunday

after work I went over to the Chandler 24 Hour Fitness for a solo swim:

500 w/u, done as--
4 rounds of 100 free/25 breast

10 x 50 kick w/fins + board--
* odds free
* evens fly

2 x 250 pull, w/paddles + buoy

100 easy

500 free for time (6:55, yuck)

100 easy

4 x 50 breast, w/large paddles upside-down

100 breast for time (1:34 :/ )

200 w/d

TTL: 2700 yards

thought I was having a good set, heck I even felt pretty decent on that 500, but that time sure doesn't reflect it. I think I built into it a little too slow.

when I finished the 100 breast I knew I was slow. coming in to finish, I was tempted to just do another 100 and make it a 200. after a fast 100 (or heck any distance), I shouldn't be even considering doing more.

Submit "Thursday 101112 workouts" to Digg Submit "Thursday 101112 workouts" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday 101112 workouts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday 101112 workouts" to Google

Tags: solo swim
Categories
Swim Workouts , Cycling

Comments