View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

An Unintentional Taper 10/12/12

Rate this Entry
by , October 12th, 2012 at 10:50 AM (624 Views)
I actually got to swim at lunch yesterday - Surprise! And the water was wonderful! It was just what I needed. I've had a ruff week. Swam at 5:30am Mon & Tues, played tennis Mon & Tues night (getting home ~9:30pm) - so my sleep was impaired - I was so exhausted after tennis on Tuesday, I just couldn't get up Wed morning. But that night, did I get to rest? No. I had to go out & watch terrible community theater (because one of my daughters was the Stage Manager & head techie) gag. Then yesterday, I did get to sleep in, but got to watch my four most rambunctious grandchildren while my other kids went to same horrid show (from 6-11pm) - and they got back just as the debate was ending (and since son-in-law is an attorney) -- stayed until 11pm. Got up amazingly well this morning - and the water was: wait for it. 88F

Why? Geez. We had to get out and cool off three times before the coach threw in the towel & told us to get out. So, after exhausting myself Mon & Tues, I had Wed off, Thurs I only swam 2150, and today 2950. Might as well shave my legs while I'm at it.

Here's today:

400 back/free
3 x 200 P
5 x 100 IM on 1:40
8 x 100 on 1:30, (70, 80, 90%)
9 x 50 K on 1:00
200 cool down
Total: 2950

Leaving for Orlando as soon as I can after work - 90% packed - just gotta grab my toothbrush & other toiletries & we're good to go. Four hours on the road, though.

Submit "An Unintentional Taper 10/12/12" to Digg Submit "An Unintentional Taper 10/12/12" to del.icio.us Submit "An Unintentional Taper 10/12/12" to StumbleUpon Submit "An Unintentional Taper 10/12/12" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have fun@the meet. Swim fast.
    Good luck!
    Have a great meet and a fun trip!