View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 10/15/12:

Rate this Entry
w/u: 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill

Put on the snorkel and repeat four times ...
- Swim 150 FR DPS on 2:00
- Kick 100 on 1:50

Now for 6 x 100 on 1:30
- odds: DPS FR
- evens: no-free IM (fly-fly-bk-br, fly-bk-bk-br ...)

200 snorkel recovery
- odds: skulling
- evens: FR drill

3 rounds of 5 x 50 on 1:00
- 1 kick
- 2-4 - descend
- 5 = FAST
-- Did Fr, Bk (focus = 10 SDK off walls), fly (lots of single arm here until the fast one) by round

4 x 50 Dolphin Dives in Shallows with snorkel w/d
(Solo/Rec/3350 yds/60 min)
--------------------------

I was a slug last week! With the holiday closing the Rec down and my brother visiting from out west, I only got in twice. I was going to swim this morning but fell back asleep. Needed a jump-start tonight and I got it ...

First thing I did was make sure I didn't forget my snorkel. That first main set was designed to work the lungs, and I was surprised to hold 1:50-ish for the 150s, and got 10-15 sr on the kick (more 10 than 15).

The lane got crowded so I did the 100 sub-set for some stroke work, really working the 50's same stroke. I was huffing and puffing so did some recovery stuff, then decided to venture into some HIT work till the end of the swim. I was able to descend all three strokes, and my fast times for each were: 29.2, 32.8, 30.4. I really busted a lung on the back, as I don't usually take that many SDK's. The last 50 before the fast one I only did 8/6 - ouch.

Busy days at work with the retirement of our lead tech and double/triple duty from everyone else. I'm happy to have off Wed and Thursday this week, which means only a long day tomorrow to get through before some more swimming.

Submit "Workout 10/15/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/15/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/15/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/15/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments