8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ

Main Sets:

10 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

3 x through:
25 AFAP + 75 EZ @ 3:00
50 AFAP, broken for :10 @ 25 + 150 EZ @ 5:00
R1 = free w/fins from push (10, 20 high-21 flat)
R2 = 25 breast from push 16 high, 50 from a dive 32 flatish
R3 = 25 fly from dive 21 high, 50 fly-back 26 highish

4 x 50 pull w/parachute @ 1:45
4 x 25 kick w/parachute @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 2500

Rushed off to an appt and then stopped at gym to do 45 minutes of rehab ex and stretching.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did my entries for the Sprint Classic last night:

100 free, 1:59
100 breast, 1:17.0
100 IM, 1:04.5
25 fly, 13.3
25 back, 13.4
25 breast, 15.7
25 free. 12.2

Entered "off" events and last year's times for the 25s. A rare meet with no fly or back (except the 25s). Obviously, doing a 50 split in free. Will only have 25 minutes before 100 breast, but that's just what I feel like swimming.

On other news, the cortisone shot has not done much for my elbow. Not unexpected (though last year it really zapped the pain). This reminds me of my last shoulder problem ... So I finally went ahead and scheduled an MRI (3T machine) and PRP consult. I had been reluctant to do this just because I'm sick of doctors and appointments after the last year. Unclear how many days of kicking this will involve ... I will have to strategically schedule it around meets.

Submit "Tuesday, Oct. 16" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Oct. 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Oct. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Oct. 16" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Really looking forward to your 50 free split now that your shoulders are golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Really looking forward to your 50 free split now that your shoulders are golden.
    I haven't swum 50 free in a non-taper meet in years. It's been kind of a throw away event that I attempt to cram in around my other events.

Have you signed up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I haven't swum 50 free in a non-taper meet in years. It's been kind of a throw away event that I attempt to cram in around my other events.

Have you signed up yet?
    No, I haven't. The order of events and the events I want to swim conflict. It's complicated by the fact that I need to leave after the break to set up for a cookout following the meet that I will be sending an evite for shortly.
    No, I haven't. The order of events and the events I want to swim conflict. It's complicated by the fact that I need to leave after the break to set up for a cookout following the meet that I will be sending an evite for shortly.
    100 free/50 free/50 back are nicely spaced ...

When you eliminate the 200s strokes, it's difficult to space the non-free events -- problem for strokers. Teen Fort was complaining that all the fly and breast events are back to back. I told her it won't be the last time she complains about the order of events of a masters meet! I am perfectly fine with her crushing me in the 100 breast. I just wanted to crank one out in yards this year. Haven't swum it since 2009.
    100 free/50 free/50 back are nicely spaced ...

When you eliminate the 200s strokes, it's difficult to space the non-free events -- problem for strokers. Teen Fort was complaining that all the fly and breast are back to back. I told her it won't be the last time she complains about the order of events of a meet! I am perfectly fine with her crushing me in the 100 breast. I just wanted to crank one out in yards this year. Haven't swum it since 2009.
    I may leave after the 50 free, depending on how much I get done with setup. Besides, what other event is there.
    50 free ... Besides, what other event is there.
    Yes Jazz.

Speaking of Jazz, I wonder if he's still swimming and if we'll see him at the meet?
    I may leave after the 50 free, depending on how much I get done with setup. Besides, what other event is there.
    Join our 400 free gridge. Or our 800 IM gridge. Or my 3000 IM challenge. Or my 6000 IM not-even-a-challenge-yet-but-probably-will-be-soon.
    Leslie, I can't believe a reputable doctor would do an MRI for tennis elbow. What could it possibly show that you don't already know? Are you prepared to have surgery despite little if any evidence this will help and plenty of evidence it will hurt? Tests that don't in any way affect treatment decisions are, in my opinion, a waste of more than just money. It's why our healthcare system had become such an abomination that hurts so many at the bottom by undertreatment and a growing number with good insurance by overtreatment.
    http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/sp...oscopy-expands

Check this out for spoke pictures of open surgery for tennis elbow , believe me, you don't want to do this, dearest Leslie!
    This is from arguably the world's top expert on TE: http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/sp...ativetreatment
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Leslie, I can't believe a reputable doctor would do an MRI for tennis elbow. What could it possibly show that you don't already know? Are you prepared to have surgery despite little if any evidence this will help and plenty of evidence it will hurt? Tests that don't in any way affect treatment decisions are, in my opinion, a waste of more than just money. It's why our healthcare system had become such an abomination that hurts so many at the bottom by undertreatment and a growing number with good insurance by overtreatment.
    Jim, did you even read my blog? I am getting PRP, not surgery. It is highly inadvisable to have PRP without an MRI. And it will show exactly which parts of the tendon are degraded and where the PRP jabs should go. So, yes, reputable doctors do order them and the test does effect treatment. You are getting psychotic about this. I have tried EVERYTHING -- ice, advil, nitro patches, acupuncture, eccentric exercises. I've had this problem since last November. It's been almost a year. PRP has worked for me before and I see no reason on earth why I cannot avail myself of a treatment option that I am paying for. Geez
    http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/sp...oscopy-expands

Check this out for spoke pictures of open surgery for tennis elbow , believe me, you don't want to do this, dearest Leslie!
    Again, what are you talking about? I have no intention of having surgery. PRP, PRP, PRP

And do you not recall what the MRI on my left shoulder showed, the one you hounded me not to have? Do you not recall that you apologized for being wrong?
    Updated October 16th, 2012 at 09:59 PM by The Fortress
    And believe me, I will never deadlift again either. That's what caused the problem both times.
    1. Here is my impression of Jimby:

2. I'm still not sure about the meet. I haven't really been swimming much at all.
    Sorry Leslie. So you are saying that the specific area of injury is so targeted, and where it hurts is not a reliable indicator of where the damage is located, and the needle injects such a tiny amount of stuff in there, that without mri to pinpoint the exact location for injection the procedure would fail? As for true believer jazz, show me the evidence!
    Sorry Leslie. So you are saying that the specific area of injury is so targeted, and where it hurts is not a reliable indicator of where the damage is located, and the needle injects such a tiny amount of stuff in there, that without mri to pinpoint the exact location for injection the procedure would fail? As for true believer jazz, show me the evidence!
    Fortunately, I don't have to justify myself to you or produce evidence! I have read that it's critical to find the half inch area of damage. Can't really remember the reasoning now; I have home renovation on the brain. The pain in the elbow is diffuse anyway; I can't pinpoint the exact location of pain or damage. And as you know, the location of the pain and the location of the damage are not always the same (sclerotogenous pain). If I'm going to pay $$$ for PRP and spend my time going to docs, then I want the jabs to go in the exact right place. We pay a sh*t ton of money for health insurance too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    1. Here is my impression of Jimby:

2. I'm still not sure about the meet. I haven't really been swimming much at all.
    Lack of swimming has never stopped you before! And Speedo is having a post meet party!
    And believe me, I will never deadlift again either. That's what caused the problem both times.
    For real?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    For real?
    Yeah, acute pain followed by diagnosis of tennis elbow after deadlifting. Not sure my elbows were fully healed the second time in late July. I'm too paranoid to go back to deadlifts again. Great lift, but my double jointed elbows don't seem to like it. Don't you think I can substitute with squats, leg press and good mornings?
    Updated October 17th, 2012 at 03:59 PM by The Fortress
    Yeah, acute pain followed by diagnosis of tennis elbow after deadlifting. Not sure my elbows were fully healed the second time in late July. I'm too paranoid to go back to deadlifts again. Great lift, but my double jointed elbows don't seem to like it. Don't you think I can substitute with squats, leg press and good mornings?
    Yep, should be fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast