View RSS Feed

chaos

electric needles and 8000 yards

Rate this Entry
by , April 6th, 2009 at 08:05 PM (946 Views)
so, i tweaked my lower back a couple of weeks ago and missed a lot of pool time; not because swimming caused me any discomfort, but flip turns were impossible and even open turns were painful. i did a couple of ART sessions and tried to get back into the groove, but still.... too painful. i bailed out of the new england championship meet and really started worrying about tampa bay on april 18th.

i made an appointment to try out a little acupuncture on saturday and spent about 30 minutes face down with 20 or 30 needles poking out of me; a few of them electrofied. i swam about 3500 yards a couple of hours later and felt pretty tight, but katie (my LAC) said i should see real results on sunday.

woke up sunday and felt like i was 17 again (my back anyway) so decided to get some yards in. here is the breakdown.

8 x 1000 on 14min
1. warm up (breathe every 3)
2. alt 25 pace / 25 fast
3. alt 25 pace / 50 fast
4. alt 50 pace / 50 fast
5. alt 50 pace / 75 fast
6. alt 75 pace / 75 fast
7. alt 75 pace / 100 fast
8. alt 100 pace / 100 fast

all pace swims were breath every 3, fast 2r/2l

Submit "electric needles and 8000 yards" to Digg Submit "electric needles and 8000 yards" to del.icio.us Submit "electric needles and 8000 yards" to StumbleUpon Submit "electric needles and 8000 yards" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great workout Chaos! What is the distance at Tampa Bay?
    tampa bay is 24 miles. i am doing a two person relay with brooklyn mermaid. i think the format will be hour on/hour off.
    Wow, that's a cool challenge! What will the water temp. be for this swim? I was in St. Pete a couple weeks ago and it seemed cold. I know some of you do very well in the cold water. I did a 5K in 68 degree water this fall; it was good after 15 minutes or so but I wanted to cry for a while.
    i am expecting the water temp to be in the low to mid 70's.