Main Sets:

12 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x through:
25 AFAP from dive or block + 75 EZ
37.5 AFAP from dive or block + 112.5 EZ
50 AFAP from dive or block + 200 EZ

R1 = free (12 flat-low, 26 flat-low)
R2 = back (12 mid, 28 high -- did not go past 15 m, sloppy turn)

2 x 100 AFAP w/fins, broken for :10 @ each 25 + 200 EZ
IM = 50 flatish
breast = 55 high

6 x 40 w/stretch cordz
2 = breast w/15 fast strokes
2 = back w/30 strong strokes
2 = backstroke start, kick fast until taut then 12 fast kicks
100 EZ

Total: 3400

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cranked out my fastest practice 50 free ever today. Of course that might not be saying much as I literally never do a 50 free for time. Still, I'm hopeful I can crank a decent one at the Sprint Classic. My last really good 50 free was back in Feb. 2009 (tech suit aided 24.9).

Stretching and rehab exercises later. I have been using my flexibar regularly -- more than I bet Mr. Thornton has been willing to do for his tennis elbow issues!

Submit "Thursday, Oct. 18" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Oct. 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Oct. 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Oct. 18" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Am I the only one surprised that Jim, even with ALL his that ails him, never has complained about the over use injury that must exist in his temporomandibular joint?

Congrats on your 50 free!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Am I the only one surprised that Jim, even with ALL that ails him, never has complained about the over use injury that must exist in his temporomandibular joint?

Congrats on your 50 free!
    Too funny!

I would wager he's been grinding his teeth with his current obsession about health care and complaints will follow shortly!

I was rolling on the 50 free. Still, I'll take it. A good time for me is all in the turn. My breakout on the second length is usually subpar.
    Leslie, my tennis elbow injuries are fine thanks to rest, a new racquet, modified backhand, and avoidance of doctors !
    That's all very nice Jim. But that article doesn't even mention elbows. It also doesn't mention PRP. And you seem to forget that I am getting the MRI (T3 -- more accurate) for a highly specific purpose -- figuring out exactly where to get injections. Sorry if you don't approve of my use of the medical system or my doctor's desire to have an MRI to perform PRP. But I am not taxing the medical system unduly. I have never had any surgeries and, aside from several sports injuries, my sole medical problem in 51 years has been hypothyroidism (which you wrongly thought I was imagining). I am not an unhealthy non exercising junk food eating obese smoker. And did you not apologize several times for being wrong, dead wrong, about my last MRI as well?

I have rested my elbow except in the pool for almost a year now. You keep resting and I will keep PRP-ing if I think its is advisable. And you keep going to doctors for the drugs you need for your various health problems. Shame on you for seeking treatment! It seems rather hypocritical.

I had a nice little run of being injury free for many years. This last year not so much.

I will accept your resignation as my would be doctor. Your track record for advice so far has been horrific.
    Updated October 19th, 2012 at 10:42 AM by The Fortress
    You are so obsessed with this issue that, instead of wasting your time hounding people here or on FB, you should join an advocacy group. Maybe Americans Against MRIs. Or Americans Against All Health Care Expenses Except For Jim's Scrips.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe Americans Against MRIs. Or Americans Against All Health Care Expenses Except For Jim's Scrips.
    ...there is 47% of the population that will vote against MRI's...regardless...
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    ...there is 47% of the population that will vote against MRI's...regardless...
    MRIs are a drop in the bucket compared to health care costs related to obesity and smoking. Maybe Jimby can work on cleaning up that first? That's about 47% right there ...
    Updated October 20th, 2012 at 10:14 AM by The Fortress (typo)
    A good time for me is all in the turn. My breakout on the second length is usually subpar.
    Let's assume for a second you are a sprint coach, what would you do with your swimmers to work on fast turns and breakouts that would be Rushall level of repeatable?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Let's assume for a second you are a sprint coach, what would you do with your swimmers to work on fast turns and breakouts that would be Rushall level of repeatable?
    Not sure about Rushall repeats. I don't know his sets beyond 25s. Pray tell. But Salo does what he calls "in and outs" all the time where you start from mid pool and the only focus is a fast flip and breakout.

My problem stems from my failure to do much freestyle at all in practice bc it can bother my shoulder and that was pretty much an issue all year.
    Not sure about Rushall repeats. I don't know his sets beyond 25s. Pray tell.
    It really was a question.

The only short format stuff I know about to work on turns are in and outs that you described plus modifying them to start from the side at mid pool and two people giving you a push as you swim into the turn.
    way to go
    It's fun when you hit a practice best time
    Did some in and outs, Q!

Thx Ande. I hope I'm healthy enough to pull off a good 50 free on Sunday!