View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

One frustration after another

Rate this Entry
by , October 20th, 2012 at 10:09 AM (665 Views)
Moving on from the omniconsuming grade rumination post, I now have a new pet peeve/quest. This is the 2nd time in a row when Golden Coral never replaced the sweet potatoes during our visit. What a bummer. It was a scraped out pan with marshmallow remnants on the sides. I never even got a bite. The carrot mash next to it was and always is virtually untouched. If they put a heap of marshmallows on it, that would be a completely acceptable substitute.

Thurs' IM day
SCM

300 warm up

8 x 50 rotate IM

Main set early, just for me, thanks coach!
Two times through:

3 x 75's on 1:30
rotate IM order
50 fly/25 back
50 back/25 breast
50 breast/25 free

100 IM FAST

25 easy

1:16, 1:15

This ties my best in-practice 100 IM at 1:15. And even nicer, I could goof off the entire rest of workout....

6 x 150 pull
===>no. I did 2 x 50 with short fins to every 150.

6x 50 on 1:00 stroke
not sure what this set was suppose to be. I wasn't listening, and when I finally decided what I wanted to do, everyone was kicking, pulling, stroking, freestyling, or getting out. There wasn't a unified theme at all. Like the UN of do-what-you-want. Maybe getting out was most popular. Well, I tried to do 2 x fast back, 2 easy, 2 fast back, but I was pretty pooped out and went 38-39's.

+++++++++++++++++++++
IMS:The key is the breast. That's my worst stroke, and so I tried to work every turn and sprint the breast, where arguably the most time is lost.

Why do I swim with short fins (TYR Burners) so slow? I don't go any faster than without, and in fact, I have to work harder to go the same speed. My lungs are about ready to burst, and I can't use my arms that much except in an all-out sprint. Does that mean that I have weak core and simply need to condition myself up to it? I could not do those straight 150's and had to take a mini break within each one. I was getting a little better by #4 and going 32-33, so maybe it's just getting use to the subtle change in timing as well.

Next up: I am not motivated to swim in meets at all right now. My next meet is going to be the DAMM meet and I don't know what I want to swim. The good thing is entries aren't due until that Wed before.

Submit "One frustration after another" to Digg Submit "One frustration after another" to del.icio.us Submit "One frustration after another" to StumbleUpon Submit "One frustration after another" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Short fins are all about foot speed. If you're using your legs and feet like crazy, you're going to be beat.

I wasn't very interested in meets after Greensboro either. Now I'm dying to swim. I think we go through phases depending on what's happening in our life.