8 x 50 fly drills
odds = caterpillar @ 1:10
evens = single arm @ 1:00
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

20 x 25
odds = up tempo free w/fins @ :30 (11 highs-12 flat)
evens = EZ DAB @ :45
100 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 75 EZ)
-- 10 lows
50 EZ

Total: 2400

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Took the weekend off! Was pretty busy anyway with Lil Fort's sports and home renovation things. Going to do approx the same workouts this week as I did before the Warrenton meet last spring. Blogs are so helpful that way.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm getting a cold again. Really sore throat. Hope it just quietly goes away.

Submit "Monday, Oct. 22" to Digg Submit "Monday, Oct. 22" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Oct. 22" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Oct. 22" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What is the caterpillar butterfly drill? I've never heard of it... Is it doing the hip movement on your stomach with your arms in a streamline? :-) hope your sore throat goes away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen Marais
    What is the caterpillar butterfly drill? I've never heard of it... Is it doing the hip movement on your stomach with your arms in a streamline? :-) hope your sore throat goes away!
    It is my favorite fly drill! Definition from my HIT forum:

Caterpillar fly: chest press fly with arms in the catch position, body in the shape of a Y. slowly press down with chest and undulate forward. let chest rise and repeat. you can add a tiny dolphin kick.

I think it teaches good body position and the correct undulation motion. I usually put long blade fins on to do it to float my feet.