Monday, October 22, 2012
by, October 23rd, 2012 at 06:13 PM (692 Views)
I am back! Summer schedule and family activities resulted in about 8 weeks down time from swimming. Returned to the pool after Labor Day to begin again.
SCY @FGCU Aquatic Center.
- Air temp of 80, pool at 78, 100% water clarity.
- Blue skies with humidity at 62%
5x1000 FR on 15min
- Build effort each 1000 as 500/300/200
- Not timed
- Stroke Tech
- The coach is back on the deck Mondays and sometimes also Fridays. Working aerobic volume and stroke technique in Freestyle and IM up to Thanksgiving.
- Currently I feel that I am about 75% of the fitness level of May 2012. I have not yet added the core or strength training as my time has been consumed by a wide range of obligations and I was tired of the pool work. But now I am recovering faster and feel back to normal soon after doing a strong 5-6K workout.
- This summer in SWF was hot, humid, and long. Now I so happy to go out in the morning and the temperature is starting out 72 or 74, and soon will be in the mid 60s just after dawn.