View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Monday, October 22, 2012

Rate this Entry
by , October 23rd, 2012 at 07:13 PM (620 Views)
I am back! Summer schedule and family activities resulted in about 8 weeks down time from swimming. Returned to the pool after Labor Day to begin again.

SCY @FGCU Aquatic Center.
  • Air temp of 80, pool at 78, 100% water clarity.
  • Blue skies with humidity at 62%

*WarmUup*
1x300 FR

*Set 1*
5x1000 FR on 15min
  • Build effort each 1000 as 500/300/200
  • Not timed
  • Stroke Tech

Comments:
  • The coach is back on the deck Mondays and sometimes also Fridays. Working aerobic volume and stroke technique in Freestyle and IM up to Thanksgiving.
  • Currently I feel that I am about 75% of the fitness level of May 2012. I have not yet added the core or strength training as my time has been consumed by a wide range of obligations and I was tired of the pool work. But now I am recovering faster and feel back to normal soon after doing a strong 5-6K workout.
  • This summer in SWF was hot, humid, and long. Now I so happy to go out in the morning and the temperature is starting out 72 or 74, and soon will be in the mid 60s just after dawn.

Submit "Monday, October 22, 2012" to Digg Submit "Monday, October 22, 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, October 22, 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, October 22, 2012" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Welcome back! Enjoy that cooler weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Welcome back! Enjoy that cooler weather.
    Thanks - some snowbirds are beginning to arrive as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Thanks - some snowbirds are beginning to arrive as well.
    We have flocks of them arriving here also. Kind of a PITA for traffic, but they do help our economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    We have flocks of them arriving here also. Kind of a PITA for traffic, but they do help our economy.
    Yes, I have learned from the locals how to accept the snowbirds with TLC while mastering multiple routes to key locations according to the traffic flow at the moment.
    Its funny, we see a spike this time of year for the foliage. Haha
    A few of my customers have headed down south already, and more will be coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Its funny, we see a spike this time of year for the foliage. Haha
    A few of my customers have headed down south already, and more will be coming.
    I miss foliage! I moved to the Gulf Coast from the Boston area 5+ years ago and every fall I get so homesick. We don't have fall here so I have to wait to see Starbucks advertise the pumpkin spice latte to know it's here!

We don't get too many snowbirds in Mobile but about an hour away in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach I'm told they are everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I miss foliage! I moved to the Gulf Coast from the Boston area 5+ years ago and every fall I get so homesick. We don't have fall here so I have to wait to see Starbucks advertise the pumpkin spice latte to know it's here!

We don't get too many snowbirds in Mobile but about an hour away in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach I'm told they are everywhere.

Green is the only foliage in SWF/Fort Myers. There was some in Augusta, GA and with a three hour drive to Ashville, NC, it was like old times in Princeton, NJ - tons of colorful foliage. There are actually several flocks of snowbirds, the "early birds" arriving before or during the holiday season, and a bigger larger group arrives early January accumulating and peaking in late March. Almost all the snowbirds are gone after Easter.
    Updated October 26th, 2012 at 01:47 PM by fdtotten
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Green is the only foliage in SWF/Fort Myers. There was some in Augusta, GA and with a three hour drive to Ashville, NC, it was like old times in Princeton, NJ - tons of colorful foliage.
    Lots of green here too. I grew up not too far from Princeton, actually. My dad spent a few sabbaticals at the Institute for Advanced Study there, so I remember how pretty it was in the fall.