wu: 100 Fr/100 Bk

Did the following as FR with snorkel
2 x 150 Strong
2 x 75 (Fast, EZ)
2 x 100 (Fast, EZ)
2 x 100 (Fast, EZ)
2 x 75 (Fast, EZ)
2 x 150 Strong
(here the Tri-Train pulled off the tracks and I continued)
2 x 125 IM (50 Bk) on :15 strong

50 EZ 10 x 50 with snorkel
- odds kick on :55
- evens swim on :45

100 float with snorkel and out (Tri Train/Rec/2200 yds/45 min)

-------------------------------------

I decided to get up early in order to catch the Tri Train at the pool this morning. I have a tough time waking up early! Had a good swim, and kept going a bit longer after they finished up. No real intervals, just wait for the rest of the train to pull into the depot then head out again. I decided to use the snorkel for the whole set, and felt more fatigued the second time through. I thought that by adding the 2x 125 I'd hit 1650 for the set, but it was early and my calculator wasn't working apparently!

Looking forward to the water again on Friday .

Submit "Workout 10/24/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/24/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/24/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/24/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

(I'm responding to your previous blog post here) Thanks for that link on the breaststroke kick - interesting discussion. I do a similar drill with the dolphin kick/breast pull. That does help with timing because the drill makes it pretty clear that there is a natural place for the dolphin to happen. Then it's just a matter of switching to the breast kick and keeping the same timing/feel.

But as for not bringing the knees too close to the stomach and bringing the heels up (mentioned in one of those posts and in the link to the article about the new 200 br record holder), I have no clue how close I come to that ideal. An underwater camera would be great. (Also to help me with my pathetic dolphin kick!)

Probably too late to add my 2 cents to the lap counter discussion, but the brand I have is Sportcount. I think they're the only ones that make a ring-style one now. Kiefer seems to only have one model available, the one I have, which is fine, but there is another model that offers more data.

There are also some writstwatch-style ones now - like in the Finis catalog you loaned me - that are pricier, but do a lot more - and you don't even have to press a button each lap. But I've seen some negative reviews.