View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Fri, Oct. 26, 2012 7:00-8:30pm

Rate this Entry
Tonight was a very light practice, both in terms of yardage, and attendance by the kids. Not sure where everyone was, but that's fine, more lane space for those of us who came.

Warmup:
800 Free DPS (ended up building after the 500)
(800/800)

16 x 25 Kick w/ board (no fins) @ :45 (4 each stroke)

16 x 25 Pull w/ paddles @ :45 (4 of each stroke) Odds EZ, Evens Fast
(800/1600)

Main Set:

6 x 200 IM @ 5:30!! - GO FOR IT - FAST
went 2:25, 2:25, 2:26, 2:25, 2:28 , finished 2:22.
I did a 50 EZ between each one
This was tiring, and I wasn't exactly ready to go fast today.

100 EZ
(1600/3200)

4 x 50 AFAP @ 1:30
#1-2 Stroke Choice - did Fly (:30/:29)
#3-4 Free (:28/:26)

200 EZ

---------------------
3600 Yards

We all got out early to go over to a local frozen yogurt place that was "taken over" by the swim team to operate from 4-10pm today with the proceeds and tips going to the swim team as a fundraiser. A bit high priced, but it was good.

Submit "Fri, Oct. 26, 2012 7:00-8:30pm" to Digg Submit "Fri, Oct. 26, 2012 7:00-8:30pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri, Oct. 26, 2012 7:00-8:30pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri, Oct. 26, 2012 7:00-8:30pm" to Google

Comments

I think girls' HS conference meets are going on this weekend. Are there a lot of high school girls on your team? That could be why attendance was light.
    Updated October 27th, 2012 at 01:30 PM by knelson
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I think girls' HS conference meets are going on this weekend. Are there a lot of high school girls on your team? That could be why attendance was light.
    I'm sure that's it, but mostly from younger siblings of the high school girls. On our team, the girls (and boys) just practice with the H.S. teams, and a select few may drop in with the club team from time to time. I hope a few of the guys come during the boys h.s. season, cause I'll get lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    On our team, the girls (and boys) just practice with the H.S. teams, and a select few may drop in with the club team from time to time.
    Here the good club swimmers seem to continue swimming with their club and only do what they're required to do to compete for their high school team. I get the feeling most of the high school training is kind of a joke--like one hour per day. When I swam HS in Michigan you had to pick. If you wanted to swim on your high school, you swam with your high school team. There was no continuing to swim with your club. Every state seems to have different rules. I loved high school swimming. Much more sense of team camaraderie than club swimming. And the high school season goes by so quick, it's not like it destroys the rest of your year.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Here the good club swimmers seem to continue swimming with their club and only do what they're required to do to compete for their high school team. I get the feeling most of the high school training is kind of a joke--like one hour per day. When I swam HS in Michigan you had to pick. If you wanted to swim on your high school, you swam with your high school team. There was no continuing to swim with your club. Every state seems to have different rules. I loved high school swimming. Much more sense of team camaraderie than club swimming. And the high school season goes by so quick, it's not like it destroys the rest of your year.
    Our two high schools actually have pretty good coaches, and train the kids pretty good, but there's not a huge amount of high caliber swimmers on the teams, so the coach can only do so much as well with the kids.
    I also believe our high school teams have the attendance mandatory, regardless of your club affiliation...mostly for the "team" thing. If you want to do extra, they're more than welcome to, but they have to double it up from 3:00-5:30 includes about 30-45 minutes of dryland/strength stuff too (high school), and then 7:00-9:00 (club team). That's tough to do.