Sat, Oct. 27, 2012 8:00-10:00am
by, October 27th, 2012 at 01:57 PM (451 Views)
This morning was rough...really rough. I awoke at 4:00am to get to work extra early to get a few things fixed on the line before my bosses cleanup group was going to do their annual cleaning of the room. This is a super-cleaning though, blowing out all the dust and debris from everywhere - the rafters, walls, machinery, everything. It's an all day dirty dirty job, and I didn't want to be in there inhaling that stuff in the air. It's pretty nasty, that's why I got in and out early.
Made it out with plenty of time before swimming, so I headed over to McD's for a nice sit down meal - Big Breakfast w/ Hot Cakes and an extra Hash Brown. This is the breakfast of champions, especially a 1/2 hour prior to a swim practice.
300 Flutter Kick w/ board
400 Free Pull (was a 300, but I did a 100 extra since the others were still finishing)
8 x 25 V-Sit Scull @ 1:15
Main Set (4 Lane Circuit Rotation):
8 x 100 Stroke @ 2:00 shoot for 180 HR
- did Fly, went 1:05/1:06/1:07/1:07/1:07/1:08/1:10/1:07
- not sure about my HR, but it was up there. I was struggling around #6...
12 x 25 Bucket Pulling w/ buoy and paddles @ 1:30
- standard issue 5 gallon Home Depot bucket with about ten 1/4" holes drilled in the bottom
- went roughly :20-:22 on each one
- 100% pure strength set - but I got bored with the rest interval
- These were fun, and I could've done them all day long, if not for the boredom interval.
12 x 100 SDK w/ fins @ 1:30 (ranged from 1:20-1:33ish)
16 x 50 Free @ 1:00 Odds EZ DPS, Evens Fast w/ overkicking
- couldn't really get many of the fast one faster than :31 here...I was just beat
Whole Group together (including the younger kids from lanes 1&2)
4 x 25 AFAP Free @ 1:00 Rock 'n Roll Time
went fast (roughly :12s)
200 EZ and out
4600 Yards and now to
I'm dead tired...I'm sure the very limited sleep last night didn't allow my muscles to fully recover enough before adding more punishment today. I was given a choice which of the 4 circuit sets I wanted to start with of the 4 above. I'm glad I started with the stroke set, because that would've been hell at the end, but on the other hand, by doing it first I was wiped out for the remainder of the day too.