View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

This week's main set updates

Rate this Entry
by , October 28th, 2012 at 10:35 AM (407 Views)
Busy all week with work and other non-blogging stuff, heh heh. Here's a brief update on what I did:

When in doubt, it was probably easy swim, drill, or hanging on the wall telling the coach I was doing easy swim or drills instead of the main set.

SCM Main sets:
2 "fast" days Tue & Fri:

Tues:
4 times through:
150 IM FAST 2:30 fly/back/br
100 easy swim 2:00

so essentially you are doing a fast 150 IM every 4:30

2:11 2:11 2:10 2:10

wow did these hurt like I haven't hurt in years. It's a big difference from 100 IMs or 75ims!!! the rest was short for all outtedness. i would rather have done 2 x 100 easy on 2:00 and gone fast every 6:30.

Friday:
12 x 25's on :35 various
easy stuff
6 x 50 2 fast, 1 easy
I did them as fly/back and br/free
34/38 and 35/27 or 1:12 combined

1 x 75 all out
I did 75 IM fly/back/br :56

This was better. Lots of bursty sprints in there.

The End
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have decided that an hour of P90X is just too long if I am also swimming and trying to have good speed days. Plyo X and a few others are very good to do exactly 1/2, since there are 2 rounds. Plus, I am done in about 45 minutes, with an 8 min warmup, about 20 min of meat workout, and then cooldown/misc stretches.

Next up:
I still haven't decided on events for our local SCM meet. I do feel compelled to swim the 100 IM after so much IM'ing this fall. I may do the 200 back and 100 IM. The meet starts really early and I don't like to be swimming my first event at 8:15am. Yuck!

Submit "This week's main set updates" to Digg Submit "This week's main set updates" to del.icio.us Submit "This week's main set updates" to StumbleUpon Submit "This week's main set updates" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments