View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

10/29/12: NSR

Rate this Entry
Sandy has closed the pool today and tomorrow at the least, so no swimming for me for a bit.

I was able to help at the registration booth yesterday for the cyclocross race in Bennington. Remember that my brother (the biker and former swimmer) swam at our meet in April, so I (the never was biker) helped out at his event. Last year it snowed, so it was canceled. This year it was beautiful for a race - they had a total of twelve divisions (including the costume one lap race I did) and lots of people out to ride.

You can see that the my wave (I'm the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown) had a varied group - Lance came with his lawyer (and special feed), Jesus was following the young Men In Black fellow (both well ahead of Buddy the Elf and some dude in a tutu), and other little ones that had already taken off:

I might have taken a wrong turn, but I was busy have fun and not falling over ...

More photos from the event here.

Great time. I am thinking of doing the Cat 4/citizen men ride next year, but we shall see. I'd have to remove my bar ends for that to happen.

Submit "10/29/12: NSR" to Digg Submit "10/29/12: NSR" to del.icio.us Submit "10/29/12: NSR" to StumbleUpon Submit "10/29/12: NSR" to Google

Comments

Haha, that looks like fun!
    Great photos, looks really fun! Many thanks for posting!
    Why didn't you outclass the guy next to you in the costume photo, and race in your Speedo???
    It was a great time, even for candy at the finish.

I was going to wear my speedo and snorkel (complete with markered-in six pack), but my wife forbade it.
    Maybe next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Why didn't you outclass the guy next to you in the costume photo, and race in your Speedo???