Tuesday, October 30, 2012
by, October 30th, 2012 at 07:56 PM (261 Views)
SCY @FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp of 58, pool at 79, 100% water clarity.
Sunny blue skies with humidity at 45%
Focus - Stroke Technique, Endurance Base
- 1x400 Free
- 2x200 BR kick w/snorkel 1:00 rest
1x1000 IM done as
- 4x250 RIMO Swim
3x400 IM on 1:00 Rest
- 75 cruise 25 strong by 100
- 25 cruise 25 strong by 100
- 50 build 50 strong by 100
1x2000 K/fins done as
- 400 Fly: 4(75 dk/back, 25 swim fast)
- 400 BK: 4(75 k, 25 swim fast)
- 400 BR: 4 (75 dk/back, 25 br pull w/dk)
- 800 FR: 4 (100 kick/board, 100 Swim strong)
1x1000 FR Swim/paddles, broken with :45 rest, done as
- 4x250 - 100 smooth, 100 strong, 50 firm pull, steady 6k
Warm down: 100 EZ
- Once again, tired/sore from previous day 5K and weights the night before.
- Set 1 - Extension of a warmup - swam straight except did several 25s of the fly as RA/LA
- Set 2 - The last 400 IM was really the challenge to do with legal and correct turns.
- Set 3 - Did not cramp in my toes, and kept the freestyle timing the same as without the fins
- Set 4 - After the first 250, the remaining three were good - but I need to get new tubing for my paddles. I have been considering trying out the new Finis Agility paddles.
- Warm down - after a lap of sculling and eggbeater kicking my strokes felt pretty good with the paddles off.