Rate this Entry
w/u: 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM Drill
6 x 100 FR Pull on 1:20 with buoy and snorkel

8 x 100 on 1:50 with snorkel
- odds = flutter kick with board
- evens = swim fly-fr-br-fr, then shuffle
---- strong on the stroke, DPS the Fr

6 x 150 FR Pull on 2:00 with buoy and snorkel
1 x 200 social kick (*works better with someone else)

Spooky Strokey Set (SSS):
2 x 100 IM on 1:30 (went 1:18, :22)
1 x 200 IM on 3:15 (went 2:47)
2 x 100 Bk on 1:30 (went 1:20, :18)
1 x 200 Bk on 3:15 (went 2:27)
Skipped the following:
4 x 100 IM on 1:30
1 x 400 IM on 6:30

1 x 50 ez
5 x 50 FR on 1:00 with snorkel (DPS, descend)
- went :38, :34, :30, :29, :29

200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/4100 yds/75 min)
--------------------------

No too much to report post-Sandy here in Vermont. In our area there were sporadic power outages due to fallen trees (not my house), but we mostly had some wind and rain. Since we are still trying to rebuild the main bridge heading east of town from Irene last year, we were blessed to be spared from another pounding this year. My daughter was ok in Philly, but I have family in CT and NJ that are still without power and will likely remain that way for days. Sending prayers out to all affected by the storm.

The Rec Center closed early Monday so I missed out on my swim, and everything in town (except your friend Price Chopper Pharmacy) was closed yesterday. I hopped in before lunch today and felt a bit creaky in the water. I thought of the SSS as I was swimming, and ran out of time before the 400 IM's (which is actually ok by me ).

Plans for the rest of the day include helping to set up the "Journey Through the Bible" at my son's school and then help out during and after it. It is an alternative to trick-or-treating where kids can come (with or without costume) and see different skits from the Bible acted out by the students, then load up on candy after each "stop." Preston will probably be a guide again this year. When we get home we'll watch some Halloween classics: Charlie Brown, Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and this weekend we usually pop in the Nightmare Before Christmas. Stay safe tonight, everyone.
Also, I am at post #299 in the forums, which should mean that I will get a treat shortly after my next post.

Submit "Workout 10/31/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/31/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/31/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/31/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Also, I am at post #299 in the forums, which should mean that I will get a treat shortly after my next post.
    Click here to redeem your gift:

http://bit.ly/defcon
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Click here to redeem your gift:

http://bit.ly/defcon
    I just said to my wife I bet you'd do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I just said to my wife I bet you'd do that!
    Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Updated October 31st, 2012 at 04:54 PM by That Guy
    I'm a bit surprised how heartsick I am about Sandy's impact on my home state of New Jersey. I finally heard from my dad yesterday (he's fine, house is fine, no power, and a lot of trees are down - one on someone else's car) and thought that would fix it, but, while I'm relieved, I'm still terribly sad. I haven't been to the Jersey Shore in ages and I hate Hoboken with a passion, but the pictures cut to my core.
    I spent many summers on Long Beach Island, NJ. Seeing it on the news in a state of semi-destruction was not a happy OH WAIT I MEAN
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I spent many summers on Long Beach Island, NJ. Seeing it on the news in a state of semi-destruction was not a happy OH WAIT I MEAN
    Thankful that your dad is ok, Ellen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Thankful that your dad is ok, Ellen.
    Thanks, me too. My mom was lucky and missed the storm but is supposed to be returning to NJ from the People's Republic of Cascadia this weekend, depending on travel conditions.