Wednesday, October 31, 2012
by, October 31st, 2012 at 04:37 PM (316 Views)
SCY @FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp of 59, pool at 79, 100% water clarity.
Sunny blue skies with humidity at 43%
2x500 FR on 1min rest
1x2000 FR broken as:
2(10X50 on :45, 5x100 on 1:30) Did:
- 50s 1-5 @ :37-36, 6-10 @ :36-35, 100s 1:12 - 1:10
- 50s 1-5 @ :36-35, 6-10 @ :35-34, 100s 1:12 - 1:09
2x200 BR kick w/Snorkel
6x100 FR kick on 2:10, Did:
- 1-3: 1:55-1:49, 4-6: 1:52 - 1:44
1x1000 FR broken as:
5(2x50 on :40, 1x100 on 1: 40) Did
- While I felt I was making headway with basic swimming fitness, I knew in my heart I would have to break the ice with doing "real training", with interval based sets.
- The result from my most recent straight 5000 yard swim was 1:03.10, so my aerobic base 100 pace at this point appears to be about 1:15-16.
- Set 1 - I was disappointed in the truth of my times, but at least it is a starting point. It was more effort than I expected to do those times. Also - the warmup needs to be different including more pace/tempo swimming.
- Set 2 - Did some BR kick for the IMs. For my freestyle, I feel that with a steady kick I have better balance and overall stroke, so might as well begin to condition the legs to be there all the way.
- Set 3 - Made an effort to finish the workout with a more quality and encouraging swim. Doing the FR kick set earlier led me to hold on to it in my stroke more with this last set. It felt better overall, and I will be more prepared for my next workout.