View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Sun. Nov. 4, 2012 1:15-2:15pm at the Y

Rate this Entry
At the Y...not my favorite choice for lap swimming now. I much prefer my workouts with the age groupers now. Swimming in the Y lap lanes can be completely random in terms of everything. I still don't understand how people can't figure out the 3 to a lane thing...

I just did a little something to stretch out my body a bit, and much of my workout was dictated by the 3 ladies I ended up getting to swim around with (around) today.

Warmup:

400 Free
300 Kick w/ board
(700/700)

14 x 50 SDKick w/ short fins on back @ :50 (held :36-:38s)
(700/1400)

4 x 150 Free Pull @ 2:00 (held 1:41s)
(600/2000)

Main Set (about the only thing I could do with my lanemates):

20 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board
  • 8 @ 1:00
  • 6 @ :55
  • 4 @ :50
  • 2 @ :45 (made the first, missed the 2nd)
-----------------------
3000 Yards and done

I originally was planning to do more, but with the amount of people in the two lap lanes, I was pretty limited with my options. I still got in a fair amount of kicking, and a pretty decent workout anyway.

Submit "Sun. Nov. 4, 2012 1:15-2:15pm at the Y" to Digg Submit "Sun. Nov. 4, 2012 1:15-2:15pm at the Y" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun. Nov. 4, 2012 1:15-2:15pm at the Y" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun. Nov. 4, 2012 1:15-2:15pm at the Y" to Google

Comments

You did quite well in regards to the circumstances - the 20x50 flutter set performance is impressive. Having watched some of your videos from the Canadian Nationals, I think your kicking is key part of all your strokes, and the last 100 of the 400 IM was excellent. I would think your 200 IM will be very strong this upcoming SCY season considering your SDK progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    You did quite well in regards to the circumstances - the 20x50 flutter set performance is impressive. Having watched some of your videos from the Canadian Nationals, I think your kicking is key part of all your strokes, and the last 100 of the 400 IM was excellent. I would think your 200 IM will be very strong this upcoming SCY season considering your SDK progress.
    Thanks a lot. My kicking may not be the best out there, and I certainly don't base everything off my kick, but it is a strong component to my swimming. The age group team I swim with stresses a lot on the kick, and the back half of races coming home strong, so I might as well "join 'em". It's had an impact on my swimming so far this fall as well.