- 100 FR on 1:25 pull with buoy
- 100 kick on 1:50 with board

4 x 100 IM on 1:30
- Quarters Strong by 100
- Went 1:16, :26, :24, :22

200 loosen and out

(Solo/Rec/2400 yds/45 min)
------------------------------

Woke up early and took my son to the polls this morning - showed him the ballot and then he went to check out the goodies and coffee that rewards us for voting. It was a crisp 17 degrees this morning. Got in for a swim and just looked to have a good "feel" in the water - mission accomplished.

Make sure to get out and vote today!

Submit "Workout 11/06/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 11/06/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 11/06/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 11/06/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

goodies and coffee that rewards us for voting
    You get goodies and coffee? All I got was almost run over by a ginormous SUV!
    Updated November 6th, 2012 at 05:43 PM by ekw (said cookies when I meant coffee!)
    Well, I got a sticker too, but it's not even scratch and sniff... though, given the state of political discourse today, that's probably a good thing.
    Is there an election today?
    Voting today took the longest ever for me here in south Fort Myes-FL, it was 2.5 hours from start to finish. While there were no goodies and coffee... everyone was talking, cooperating, and hanging out waiting to go in, 10 at a time. Interesting, there was no talking about politics or who to vote for, it was all about our kids, local stuff, and the storm up north. I was impressed and pleased that so many were participating and making the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Voting today took the longest ever for me here in south Fort Myes-FL, it was 2.5 hours from start to finish. While there were no goodies and coffee... everyone was talking, cooperating, and hanging out waiting to go in, 10 at a time. Interesting, there was no talking about politics or who to vote for, it was all about our kids, local stuff, and the storm up north. I was impressed and pleased that so many were participating and making the effort.
    So much easier to just vote at home and mail it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    You get goodies and coffee? All I got was almost run over by a ginormous SUV!
    Ouch! Yeah, the main political parties get together and bake goodies for folks after the vote, and extra tables are set up at the fire station to chat with neighbors. Coffee was refilled three times by 9am (the pools opened early at 5am). Nice way to come together as a community and catch up - like an old Rockwell painting.
    Woodbury Council Ward 2
    4/4 100.00%

Under Votes

Over Votes

Vote Count

Percent

- TED JOHNSON

40.29%

- WILLIAM FLEMING

59.56%

Write-in

0.15%

Total

100.00%

I need voters to win. Great to learn that you voted and took your son to the polls Mike, and love that Frank Totten waited in line for so long to vote and James voted by mail. Voting counts, it's how we select our leaders, and it does make a difference.
    Way to go, Bill!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    So much easier to just vote at home and mail it in.
    Ain't it though? I used to think I'd be missing out on something by not going to a polling place in person to vote, but have to say I don't really miss it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Ain't it though? I used to think I'd be missing out on something by not going to a polling place in person to vote, but have to say I don't really miss it at all.
    I get that, but my polling location is pretty cool when there's a good turnout. Yes, there were lines when I went yesterday morning, though they weren't too bad. But the polling place is half of a large gym, and there were kids kicking soccer balls, throwing footballs (sometimes with parents) and generally playing around in the other half -- not to mention the chance to see and visit briefly with other people in the neighborhood. This sounds hokey, but it made me feel a part of something awesome and proud to vote.

Of course, I've also done the long long lines thing (back in 2000 when the City decided to remove me and several thousand other voters from the polls and told us all to go downtown to get re-registered) and that was not too pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    This sounds hokey, but it made me feel a part of something awesome and proud to vote.
    No, I hear you. It's fun to be part of the democratic process.