Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00

400 social kick

4 x (4 x 25 shooters w/fins) @ :40
1 = DPK
2 = burst + cruise
3 = EZ
4 = fast
-- Tough interval for this set with the fast ones. I kicked on top of the water for a couple of the EZ ones.

300 social kick
hot tubbing
chatting with Wally

2 x (4 x 50) @ 1:00
1 = fly drill
2 = back
3 = breast
4 = free

50 EZ

Total: 2650

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did a mostly recovery workout today. I was feeling kinda tired, maybe from the 3 x drylands in 5 days. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring some heat tomorrow.

I'm pining for a black Arena suit for nationals next year. Why doesn't Arena make black?!

Submit "Wed., Nov. 7" to Digg Submit "Wed., Nov. 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Nov. 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Nov. 7" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That seems really odd that it doesn't come in black.

I think that Speedo may have been one of the big kids back on my summer team when I first started swimming at age 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw

I think that Speedo may have been one of the big kids back on my summer team when I first started swimming at age 5.
    Really? He's not terribly big now. If he ever returns to blogging, you must ask him! What a coincidence that would be.

I will try to remember to ask him if I see him on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Really? He's not terribly big now. If he ever returns to blogging, you must ask him! What a coincidence that would be.

I will try to remember to ask him if I see him on Friday.
    Well, at 5 a lot of things seem big and old.

This would have been University Swim Club (USAI) in the early 80s. I ended up on the team at age 5 because I followed a lifeguard named Christabel everywhere she went, including to coach the little kids on the team. My parents went to get me out of there, but since I could swim a lap they said I could stay. I think I was the youngest on the team for two seasons.
    I'm no Arena expert, but aren't there black suits here -- http://www.arenainternational.com/ra..._1_560_1.html?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm no Arena expert, but aren't there black suits here -- http://www.arenainternational.com/ra..._1_560_1.html?
    The one I want, the carbon pro, doesn't come in black. Only odd colors like gray, acid green, bight red and royal blue. I have a gray one now, but would really prefer black.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Nowhere to try it on where I live as it's not stocked here. And there are NO refunds on their tech suits. I think this is true for most suits you buy on line.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    The one I want, the carbon pro, doesn't come in black. Only odd colors like gray, acid green, bight red and royal blue. I have a gray one now, but would really prefer black.
    The red/hot pink one is sort of cute, if you like that color, but the acid green one is so ugly and goes see-through. Not attractive.
    The red/hot pink one is sort of cute, if you like that color, but the acid green one is so ugly and goes see-through. Not attractive.
    I have learned from past experience that you do not want to race in a red suit. All eyes, including officials, on you.

The acid green one is putrid!

ELLEN...?!? Wow- I remember you very clearly because you were certainly the youngest and smallest on the team. You got a lot of respect for that whether you knew it or not. "Who's the little girl?" Heh- nice to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    ELLEN...?!? Wow- I remember you very clearly because you were certainly the youngest and smallest on the team. You got a lot of respect for that whether you knew it or not. "Who's the little girl?" Heh- nice to connect.
    How funny! It really was a total accident I joined the team, but I had a blast. My family and I were the very last to get food at the swim team picnic every year for four years because of the age-order line.