Warm up/Transition:

600 various
4 x 50 caterpillar fly drill @ 1:10
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

Main Sets:

Picked and modified a set from Workout #4 on the HIT forum: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?p=277433#post277433"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame]

2 x (11 x progressive 50 w/fins) @ 1:30
1-2 = burst + cruise
3 = 25 AFAP + 25 EZ
4 = EZ
5 = 100 pace
6-7 = EZ
8 = AFAP
9-11 = EZ

R1 = swim (25 free: 10 high, 50 back: 24 high, 50 fly: 23 mid
R2 = kick (25 shooter = 9, 50 dolphin kick w/board = 26 low, 50 double shooter = 21 low

6 x 40 w/bungee cord & fins @ 2:00
-- swim until taut and then strong strokes/kicks for :30 and zip back
-- 2 breast, 2 back, 2 back kick
50 EZ

4 x 40 w/bungee cord & fins @ 1:15
-- SDK UW on back until cord is taut and then 12 fast kicks UW & zip back

100 EZ

Total: 3050

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I need to get myself entered in our Nov. 18 SCM meet. https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...1481&smid=4182. I think I will only swim the 100 fly and 100 breast. Pete and I were discussing possible relays yesterday, but we need another GMUP male. Teen Fort has been tasked with trying to persuade Bob Hansen or Brad Gandee tonight. I was perfectly happy with a mixed 200 free and 200 medley. She wants to do the 400 medley at the end of the meet as well. No way do I want to swim the 100 fly as my 5th event that day!

LCM TT rankings are out:
http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenlist.php

With my two #3 rankings in the 50 and 100 evil, I fear freestyle may be my worst stroke. heehee

Submit "Thursday, Nov. 8" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Nov. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Nov. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Nov. 8" to Google

Updated November 8th, 2012 at 09:05 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No way do I want to swim the 100 fly as my 5th event that day!
    Is it the last event of the meet? Even if not, you should do it, you might really surprise yourself, even though you will feel fatigued going in I bet you will swim just as fast as if you were fresh, maybe faster.
    I agree with Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    Is it the last event of the meet? Even if not, you should do it, you might really surprise yourself, even though you will feel fatigued going in I bet you will swim just as fast as if you were fresh, maybe faster.
    The 400 medley relay is the last event before the unofficial 100 relays. I've swum the 100 fly/400 medley relay at Zones as the 5th event of the day several times. It was pretty damn hard, and I was not particularly speedy. I fear it would be worse torture in SCM. I am thinking backstroke leg. It won't be any less painful but I don't have to worry about arm failure/DQ the last 10 meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    I agree with Chris
    Really? What is your reasoning? I thought I was the wimpiest sprinter on these blogs, and my training is slightly more focused on 50s than 100s.

Although I did get faster as the Sprint Classic went along. But then I didn't swim any 100s.
    Updated November 8th, 2012 at 07:49 PM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I thought I was the wimpiest sprinter on these blogs
    This! This right here will be the greatest gridge ever! To settle this we are going to need to figure out some criteria. Anything longer than 50's are out, that's clear. Scratching 50's in favor of 25's is a step in the right direction. How do we settle this? Fewest meters of competition in the next meet? Split requesting a 25 split of a 50, and warming down the second 25? Most event scratches? Best pre-/during-/post-race whining? The answer... is ALL OF THEM.
    I think that the thrill of the relay, even though you are tired from your other events, would be enough to propell you to a super swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    This! This right here will be the greatest gridge ever! To settle this we are going to need to figure out some criteria. Anything longer than 50's are out, that's clear. Scratching 50's in favor of 25's is a step in the right direction. How do we settle this? Fewest meters of competition in the next meet? Split requesting a 25 split of a 50, and warming down the second 25? Most event scratches? Best pre-/during-/post-race whining? The answer... is ALL OF THEM.

Jazz is wimpier than me ...
    Jazz is wimpier than me ...
    Well said...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Well said...
    Speedo is wimpier than me too -- in practice. But he likes to be a 200 show pony at meets.
    Speedo is wimpier than me too -- in practice. But he likes to be a 200 show pony at meets.