View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 11/09/12:

Rate this Entry
(Swam Wed before work - 1400 IG in 25 min)

Today:
w/u: 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM

4 x 200 on 2:50
- first 50 = IMO hard,
- last 150 = DPS Fr

4 x 100 on 1:30
- first 75 = DPS Fr
- last 25 = RIMO fast

6 x 50
- odd = kick with board on :60
- even = burst and cruise on :50

2 x 50 Fr on 1:00 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2200 yds/35 min)
--------------------------------

Wednesday was kinda a bust as far as swimming goes. Missed the Tri-train and basically got through some easy swimming, working the walls. The last three days at work have been brutal, so with stress up and sleep down, I have developed a little head cold. Starting using the NediPot again and taking some OTC stuff to function, but more or less trying to sleep more and rest (although I plan to catch some local music in town tonight).

Today I felt ok in the water. Planned to get some more stroke swimming in before the weekend and I accomplished that. After coaching the masters group tomorrow, I plan to head to Portland, ME, for the SCM meet Sunday. I'll stay the night with my kayaker and family - always a fun getaway. Signed up for the 400 IM, 200 Fly, 50 breast, 1500 FR (with 800 split request), so a full day. Can't remember if anyone counts for the 1500 - if not, I'll wing it. It'll be my first mile swim in the pool, so we'll see how it goes

Submit "Workout 11/09/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 11/09/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 11/09/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 11/09/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good luck this weekend. Get a counter for the 1500. Someone will count for you.

200 fly? You are starting to sound like That Guy(whoever that is) and Jaadams(whatever that is) with that nonsense of a 200 fly
    Yes, get a counter for the 1500, you will be really glad you did during the swim. Doing all the events you entered will be a great success, whatever the times! Good luck and happy swimming!
    I thought you were swimming the 400 free for some silly gridge too?
    haha. I am doing the Brute Squad events, just like JBS did last year (and is doing again this year). There is an outside shot of making TT in the three events, too, so I figure I'll do it at this meet to conserve energy for the BU meet in December.

I should be able to get a counter - my kayaker is used to my abuse so maybe I can get him to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I thought you were swimming the 400 free for some silly gridge too?
    I forget who started that madness , but yes, I'm doing that at the BU meet in December. I might be able to squeak past That Guy as far as time drop goes, but I have a sneaky suspicion that you are going to win that gridge, Q.