Friday, November 9, 2012
by, November 9th, 2012 at 04:31 PM (330 Views)
SCY@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp of 60, pool at 79, 100% water clarity.
Sunny skies with humidity at 50%
Focus - Freestyle, Pace
200 EZ Free
1x1200 FR, build as 3x400
10x50 frK on 1:00
12 (100 as 50 FR strong, 50 Bk smooth) on 2:00
- 50s FR did 30-29
1x1200 FR Pull w/paddles, bouy, tube
Build as 3x400
1x1600 IM, 400 each stroke
do as 50K/fins, 25S/fins
Warm down: 200 EZ DPS FR
- Warmup - I came into the workout with tired legs and arms, but I am making progress with the dryland program and my second week of doing higher intensity swimming with intervals.
- Set 1 - The 50 frK were :47-46, because I took extra :30 after #4&7.
- Set 2 - Wanted to continue doing 30/29 50 pace with controlled stroke.
- Set 3 - Started out slow, being tired from the 50s, and built to better pace to do about 4:40 last 400.
- Set 4 - Coach said backstroke looked good today, I was trying to stay away from the lane lines as the sun was really bright.
- Warmdown - A good effort, I was glad to be done.