View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Weekend "swims"

Rate this Entry
by , November 11th, 2012 at 06:51 PM (270 Views)
My "swimming" (so-called because it takes place in the water and represents an intention on my part to emulate that activity, which others do so proficiently... and not because what I was doing looked very much like swimming), my so-called "swimming" was really pathetic Saturday and Sunday. I ran out of time both days and ended up in the pool in the last hour before closing time at the YMCA, which always makes me feel rushed. I thought I would just do a time-trial 3000 instead of the postal, since that's about all I had time for on Saturday. I didn't warm-up and realized about 200-yards in that my legs were going to be a lot more sore from that kick-drill work-out than I wanted. Then, my breathing was off, my flip-turns awkward, eventually I started cramping... so I scratched on the time trial and just did 2500, calling it a day with 15 minutes to closing time.

Today I only had 45 minutes, so I did the following:
300 warm-up (fr/br/bk)
500 fr EZ swim
100 br
100 bk
10 x 50 on :55 (:41-:45)
300 cool-dwn (fr/br/bk)

1800 total in 35 minutes

I just wasn't feelin' it this weekend. Hope I have a little more time next weekend and that my swims are normal this week.

Submit "Weekend "swims"" to Digg Submit "Weekend "swims"" to del.icio.us Submit "Weekend "swims"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weekend "swims"" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments