View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Nov. 12

Rate this Entry
by , November 12th, 2012 at 04:32 PM (1454 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
4 x 50 fly drills
50 EZ

Main sets:

10 x 25 burst + cruise, kick @ 1:00
100 EZ

10 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP free from a dive + 25 EZ)
-- 12s
50 EZ

4 x 25 in & outs with race pace turn @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x (8 x 25 @ 100 pace @ :45)
R1 = fly
R2 = 2 x 100 IM order
100 EZ after each round

8 x 25 w/parachute & fins @ 1:00
4 breast, 4 back
50 EZ

Total: 3000


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I took Saturday off as usual. Sunday I was supposed to hit the gym. But I decided to go to the new Bond movie instead. Still did 45 minutes of stretching and RC exercises. I kinda thought I would feel great in the water after taking 2 days off. But my legs felt pretty leaden.

Signed up for the SCM meet on Sunday (100 fly/100 breast/100 free). The next few weekends are going to be really busy ... All star soccer tournament for Lil Fort and my meet this weekend, then Thanksgiving with Fort Son home from Dartmouth for 6 weeks, then XC Nationals with Lil Fort in South Carolina and then NE Champs in Boston. I also made an appt for PRP on the elbow right after I return from Boston.

And I am apparently not in the cool crowd because I haven't made my reservation for Indy yet! Is the meet hotel the Marriot again?

Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to Digg Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ekw's Avatar
    There are several hotels - there's a nice post here about booking the various options: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showpost.php?p=275115&postcount=27"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - 2013 nationals[/ame]

    I went with the Fairfield by Marriott.
  2. jaadams1's Avatar
    Signed up for the SCM meet on Sunday (100 fly/100 breast/100 free).
    I had to scroll back up to see who's blog I was reading. This is going to be quite a workout for you...good luck!

    Oh, and I'm staying at the Courtyard Downtown Hotel for Indy. It will be the furthest east I've ever gone across this great nation.
  3. Water Rat's Avatar
    The cool crowd will grant a 24 hour grace period.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    There are several hotels - there's a nice post here about booking the various options: U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - 2013 nationals

    I went with the Fairfield by Marriott.
    Ah, good info. Thx Ellen. I'm inclined to book at the Courtyard Marriott. I think that's where I stayed last time.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I had to scroll back up to see who's blog I was reading. This is going to be quite a workout for you...good luck!

    Oh, and I'm staying at the Courtyard Downtown Hotel for Indy. It will be the furthest east I've ever gone across this great nation.
    Split request in 100 free. I prolly won't do it at all if we have relays. Don't know yet. I've already swum the 100 back with a very fast time for me back in March. I want to knock off a couple more before my taper meet.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ah, good info. Thx Ellen. I'm inclined to book at the Courtyard Marriott. I think that's where I stayed last time.
    Hey, I need to book my hotel for Boston first!

    How long a drive to Indy is it from Pittsburgh?
  7. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ah, good info. Thx Ellen. I'm inclined to book at the Courtyard Marriott. I think that's where I stayed last time.
    Fairfield has free breakfast. That was the deciding factor for me.
  8. aztimm's Avatar
    Where are you staying in Boston?

    I booked my flight but haven't done anything else. I guess I should look at event order and figure out something. I'm going to go against my usual meet strategy (enter max events per day and swim them all) and only enter 4 per day, giving myself the option to scratch 1. It is so different traveling and swimming, especially the same day.
    Right now I know I'll do: 400 free, 100 IM, 200 breast. Hopefully not all on the same day, again
    (I think I have to do the 400 free or face the wrath of James for giving up on his gridge. and of course the 200 breast for the gridge w/Stud).

    Last year I stayed at the Hilton Back Bay, got HHonored with an upgrade to top floor w/corner room, for the ~7-8 hours I was there. It was an easy walk to the same T line that goes to BU, though requires a change from Logan. I'll probably do the same this year, though open if you're staying somewhere else (tho I do prefer HHonors).
  9. pwb's Avatar
    I went with the Residence Inn on the Canal in Indy for two reasons:
    1) I had enough points for it
    2) It is only 0.5 mile walk to the pool and that might be the right kind of warmup plus save me the hassle of a car.
  10. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Fairfield has free breakfast. That was the deciding factor for me.
    Who says we can't just stroll over for free breakfast...
  11. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I went with the Residence Inn on the Canal in Indy for two reasons:
    1) I had enough points for it
    2) It is only 0.5 mile walk to the pool and that might be the right kind of warmup plus save me the hassle of a car.
    I'm doing the walking thing too, or a USMS shuttle if it's available. No car either for me.
  12. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I went with the Residence Inn on the Canal in Indy for two reasons:
    1) I had enough points for it
    2) It is only 0.5 mile walk to the pool and that might be the right kind of warmup plus save me the hassle of a car.
    And I am 2 for 2
  13. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Who says we can't just stroll over for free breakfast...
    I'm telling Mom! Also, I doubt the hash browns are greasy enough for you.
  14. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Where are you staying in Boston?

    I booked my flight but haven't done anything else. I guess I should look at event order and figure out something. I'm going to go against my usual meet strategy (enter max events per day and swim them all) and only enter 4 per day, giving myself the option to scratch 1. It is so different traveling and swimming, especially the same day.
    Right now I know I'll do: 400 free, 100 IM, 200 breast. Hopefully not all on the same day, again
    (I think I have to do the 400 free or face the wrath of James for giving up on his gridge. and of course the 200 breast for the gridge w/Stud).

    Last year I stayed at the Hilton Back Bay, got HHonored with an upgrade to top floor w/corner room, for the ~7-8 hours I was there. It was an easy walk to the same T line that goes to BU, though requires a change from Logan. I'll probably do the same this year, though open if you're staying somewhere else (tho I do prefer HHonors).
    Only 3 events per day?! I thought you mid-D/D types swam better the more you did? I'm signing up for my usual 4, scratch one per day.

    I will prolly just book at the meet hotel, the Longwood. It is very close to the pool, which is the only thing I care about and it's pretty cheap with the USMS discount.
  15. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I went with the Residence Inn on the Canal in Indy for two reasons:
    1) I had enough points for it
    2) It is only 0.5 mile walk to the pool and that might be the right kind of warmup plus save me the hassle of a car.
    Walking to the pool?! That is against sprinter credo. Save the legs!
  16. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    And I am 2 for 2
    2 for 2 as in this is what you're doing too? Or 2 for 2 you guessed right on pwb?
  17. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Last year I stayed at the Hilton Back Bay, got HHonored with an upgrade to top floor w/corner room, for the ~7-8 hours I was there. It was an easy walk to the same T line that goes to BU, though requires a change from Logan. I'll probably do the same this year, though open if you're staying somewhere else (tho I do prefer HHonors).
    Almost anything in Boston will require a change of lines from Logan - there isn't much on the Blue line and, while there are some nice hotels on the Silver line, it's not convenient to much.

    I miss Boston.
  18. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I'm telling Mom! Also, I doubt the hash browns are greasy enough for you.
    I'll find something that's suitable...
  19. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    2 for 2 as in this is what you're doing too? Or 2 for 2 you guessed right on pwb?
    That pwb and Mark are staying at Marriott's.

    There is a very high chance that I will be changing jobs next year (100% in the next 18 months), so I have to cool it on the planned travel.
  20. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'll find something that's suitable...
    Note to self: Be sure to eat someplace different than Jaadams.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast