View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Nov. 12

Rate this Entry
by , November 12th, 2012 at 05:32 PM (1499 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
4 x 50 fly drills
50 EZ

Main sets:

10 x 25 burst + cruise, kick @ 1:00
100 EZ

10 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP free from a dive + 25 EZ)
-- 12s
50 EZ

4 x 25 in & outs with race pace turn @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x (8 x 25 @ 100 pace @ :45)
R1 = fly
R2 = 2 x 100 IM order
100 EZ after each round

8 x 25 w/parachute & fins @ 1:00
4 breast, 4 back
50 EZ

Total: 3000

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I took Saturday off as usual. Sunday I was supposed to hit the gym. But I decided to go to the new Bond movie instead. Still did 45 minutes of stretching and RC exercises. I kinda thought I would feel great in the water after taking 2 days off. But my legs felt pretty leaden.

Signed up for the SCM meet on Sunday (100 fly/100 breast/100 free). The next few weekends are going to be really busy ... All star soccer tournament for Lil Fort and my meet this weekend, then Thanksgiving with Fort Son home from Dartmouth for 6 weeks, then XC Nationals with Lil Fort in South Carolina and then NE Champs in Boston. I also made an appt for PRP on the elbow right after I return from Boston.

And I am apparently not in the cool crowd because I haven't made my reservation for Indy yet! Is the meet hotel the Marriot again?

Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to Digg Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Nov. 12" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    There is a very high chance that I will be changing jobs next year (100% in the next 18 months), so I have to cool it on the planned travel.
    Is this a good or bad thing? Does it involve moving? I hope not for LW's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Is this a good or bad thing? Does it involve moving? I hope not for LW's sake.
    I work on contract, the max length of a contract here is 30 months, I have been here for 84 months, so I only have 18 more months before I get kicked out.

If that makes sense, you probably got started a little too early today.

It is not really a good or bad thing yet, just advanced knowledge of uncertainty. I currently have a lot of flexibility that I expect to go away at least for a little while with whatever the future holds. Thus, no trips.
    Thus, no trips.
    Real happiness buster right there.
    Note to self: Be sure to eat someplace different than Jaadams.
    I'm sure you can afford to. Dollar menu makes me swim fast.
    Real happiness buster right there.
    Maybe not. Without travel distractions, I might start to see swimming improvements that I am happy with and LW might be happy to be sleeping with a swimmer again
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I Dollar menu makes me swim fast.
    Jim was just bragging about his poor diet on my HIT forum.
    Maybe not. Without travel distractions, I might start to see swimming improvements that I am happy with and LW might be happy to be sleeping with a swimmer again
    True.

If LW is not sleeping with a swimmer or a lifter, what is she sleeping with?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'm sure you can afford to. Dollar menu makes me swim fast.
    I'm having flashbacks to the Hardee's Food Poisoning Incident of my college swimming years...
    True.

If LW is not sleeping with a swimmer or a lifter, what is she sleeping with?
    Vacationer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12