View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Feeling Stronger in the Water!!

Rate this Entry
by , November 14th, 2012 at 02:37 PM (311 Views)
Nice morning - not as cool as forcasted & no rain until after we got out of the pool!
Missing Jennifer today, but it allowed me to work harder I think on the 12 x 100's - Terry put the Distance Free people into 2 lanes - which meant 2 moldy-oldies & 5 kids - I told the kids we needed a lane leader, so Hannah jumped in - but she goes about a 1:05 on all her 100's, so even going second I didn't get a draft! I was happy to see myself repeating 1:12's again - basically going first ahead of Sela & some kid that couldn't keep the interval. I'm feeling a lot stronger in the water this week - don't know if it's because my biorhythms are UP, or if its due to my finally getting payoff for all my hard work!! Yesterday on my fly, I was literally "flying" over the water - it felt so good!

600 Back/free
4 x 200 P on 3:00
8 x 50 K on 1:00
100 EZ
12 x 100 on 1:20
100EZ
8 x 25 (one drill, 2 4-cycle, one sprint) on :30
100 EZ - kids got out here & the rest is a modified version of what he had the breast stroke lane doing
200 Breast
150 Breast/Free thingy
300 Breast/Free thingy
150 Breast/Free thingy*
4 x 100 P on 1:30
200 EZ
Total: 4900

*just in case you're wondering what a thingy is (my own personal design) one stroke, one free, two stroke, one free, one stroke - and you choose your distance, thus on the 300 it is 50 breast, 50 free, 100 breast, 50 free, 50 breast. I like it, and it saves my shins on those long breast stroke sets. And my shoulders when I do it butterfly. We never do it backstroke, lol.

Submit "Feeling Stronger in the Water!!" to Digg Submit "Feeling Stronger in the Water!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling Stronger in the Water!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling Stronger in the Water!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments