Wednesday, November 14, 2012
by, November 14th, 2012 at 05:35 PM (219 Views)
SCY@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp of 76, pool at 79, 100% water clarity.
Cloudy skies with humidity at 60%
- Swam with Joel, my friend visiting from Ventura, CA, a professional beach lifeguard. We match up well doing different kinds of swimming in the same set. It is always fun and challenging when we swim together.
Focus - Freestyle, Backstroke,Pace
1x2000 FR/BK S done as
4(1x300 FR, 1x200 BK) Build effort 1-4
10x100 FR S on 1:40 =< 5:30 500 pace
- 1-3; 1:07, 1:06, 1:05
- 4-7; 1:07, 1:05, 1:04, 1:05
- 8-10; 1:06, 1:06, 1:05
1x1000 FR/BK S, alt by 25, Broken as:
4x150 on 2:15, 4x100 on 1:30, desc each 1-4
- 150s; 1:48-1:41
- 100s; 1:12-1:07
3x400 Kick w/fins, Swim, rest 1 min each, as
1 each: Fly, Back, Free (50K/f, 50S/f)
Did the 400 free as 8x50 on 1:00 50K/f-50S/f
- 50s S/f: 26, 26, 26, 25
Warm down: 200 EZ
- I am continuing to make progress with the dryland program and higher intensity swimming with intervals. Still having some sore muscles, and tired legs, but there is enough energy to make a good effort each session.
- Warmup - Working on the front end of freestyle, and alternating with backstroke.
- Set 1 - Trying to swim a strong controlled pace with with consistent front end technique, effortless streamlining turns, and steady, smooth, but not hard kick.
- Set 2 - More of free/back combination swimming.
- Set 3 - Conditioning for fin swimming later in season in sprint sets.