View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

How to train for a 400 free gridge

Rate this Entry
My three pronged approach:

1. Spend more time traveling than training and ignore that training can actually occur while traveling.
  2. Supplement wine consumption with beer consumption.
  3. Modify Rushall training to include more rest and less volume at lower efforts. This modified form can actually be done with or without a noodle.

The key to success with this approach is taking a gridge with an overwhelming advantage, and that's exactly what That Guy did.

Except he wasn't following my plan.

While everyone reading That Guy's blerg thought he was doing laps across Puget Sound, fly/back, he was actually secretly crafting the perfect 400 free time drop. If anyone had actually read the bloog, they probably would have noticed this plan, but it was wisely hid in plan site.

That Guy was so confident in his devious plan that he started randomly signing up anyone who passed by for this gridge.

Imagine, training hard for a gridge. I tried that once and ended up with broken ribs.

This time will be different. This time I will show up wholly unprepared, but with a functional rib cage, and have faith that my only 400 free time on record was a fluke in the most negative sort of way, and I can fake (or bribe) my way to an official 16 second time drop needed to beat That Guy.

As for rxleakem and aztimm, how I am supposed to know how much to bribe the officials? They have not even swam yet. Bugger that.

Submit "How to train for a 400 free gridge" to Digg Submit "How to train for a 400 free gridge" to del.icio.us Submit "How to train for a 400 free gridge" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to train for a 400 free gridge" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The key to success with this approach is taking a gridge with an overwhelming advantage, and that's exactly what That Guy did.
    Finally someone comes out and says it! I knew from the start that KNelson and myself were doomed from the beginning in this one. Everyone else that jumped on board the gridge-train had it easy...to a point.

For you to win this gridge (and feel good about it), you have to at least get under 5:00. Forget about the time drop...just get under 5:00. That's like an 8 & Under time for the 400 Free if you're over.
    HAY GUIZ WATTS GOIN on in tis thred
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    For you to win this gridge (and feel good about it), you have to at least get under 5:00. Forget about the time drop...just get under 5:00. That's like an 8 & Under time for the 400 Free if you're over.
    I have to do that to beat That Guy, and could I really let That Guy beat me at a gridge where I picked the terms so they would overwhelmingly favor me? No. That would be horrible. The shame would make me quit blogging for months.

And that is a 11-12 time, not an 8 and under geez.
    My time last year was 5:16.45, I think I was only ahead of you by .02 sec. I think your chances of beating me are very high, unless you sleep in
    (maybe I can bribe LW into messing with your alarm clock)
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    And that is a 11-12 time, not an 8 and under geez.
    You must not hang out with either 8 & unders or 11-12 year olds. Forget THAT GUY, you might need to start trolling summer league mini-meets for worthy gridge partners with your current approach to training.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You must not hang out with either 8 & unders or 11-12 year olds. Forget THAT GUY, you might need to start trolling summer league mini-meets for worthy gridge partners with your current approach to training.
    Winnar
    No one mentioned my split request from last weekend. Is this gridge thing about absolute change in time, since, for the record, I'm +12 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    (maybe I can bribe LW into messing with your alarm clock)
    Sadly, my alarm clock went off. Hopefully in a few hours I will have a 400 time at least .03 faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That is a good idea, and they have 25s at those meet too!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Winnar
    Ye of little faith. I have this thing in the bag.

You dropped .15s right?
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    No one mentioned my split request from last weekend. Is this gridge thing about absolute change in time, since, for the record, I'm +12 or so.
    James' time was embarassing enough, I did want anyone who is doing worse than him considering Seppuku (hari-kiri).

The gridge was time dropped from your best time on record.

It looks like you are +15.09 to me
    James' time was embarassing enough, I did want anyone who is doing worse than him considering Seppuku (hari-kiri).
    Pretty sure Kirk beat me on the negative time drop.
    Ye of little faith. I have this thing in the bag.

You dropped .15s right?
    I agree, ham and cheese would be a far better solution.