Friday, November 16, 2012
by, November 16th, 2012 at 01:07 PM (279 Views)
SCY@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp of 68, pool at 80, 100% water clarity.
Cloudy overcast skies with humidity at 62%
1x2000 as 200 FR/200 BK
5x200 BR on 1min rest, done as 50K,50S
- Kicking; alt 50s as kick w/bd and kick on back
- Swim; narrow kick, press legs together, tuck chin, hold streamline into the pull.
5(2x50 on 1:00, 1x100 on 2:00) results:
- 32, 32, 1:05
- 32, 32, 1:05
- 32, 31, 1:04
- 32, 32, 1:04
- 31, 31, 1:03
500 BK DPS with compact streamlined turns
10x50 on 1:00 SDK w/fins as 25/backside, 25/frontside
Focused on 15+ yds underwater, tight streamlined arms behind head
- 1-5 did 35s
- 6-10 did 36, 35, 33, 31, extra :30 rest, 29
Warm down: 400 EZ FLY 25K/25DR/50 Swim
- Arrived to the pool feeling tired & sore, but after warm up I was ready to try making a good effort.
- Warm Up - The usual moderate smooth pace with a focus on technical stroke details.
- Set 1 - My BR Kick is becoming stronger so I can do more breaststroke, Coach adjusted my body position with more streamlined extension off the kick transition to pull.
- Set 2 - Working on extending the smooth, controlled :32/50 pace into 100s, and later 200s. Did 1 min & 2 min intervals for enough recovery to get HR back down to 11/6 and keep technique as best possible. The progress so far is good considering this is my 3rd week of higher intensity swimming with intervals.
- Set 3 - Joel and I did these together, hence the descending times as we were flat out racing each other on the last two 50s.
- Warm Down - I have been doing different strokes in recovery and and warm down swims to get in more exposure to all the strokes.