View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

It's On!, Friday, Nov. 16

Rate this Entry
by , November 16th, 2012 at 06:18 PM (594 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
4 x 50 fly drill @ 1:10
8 x 25 shooters @ :40
5 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:30
50 EZ
6 x 25
odds = up tempo free @ :30
evens = EZ @ :45
50 EZ

Total: 1500

ART, 30 Min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I ended up taking yesterday off. Very busy at Lil Fort's school and then had a massage. Felt a bit sloggish today after massage + ART.

We have 3 relays for the Sprint & Relay Festival on Sunday: 200 mixed medley, 200 mixed free, and 400 mixed medley!! Teen Fort used all her persuasive wiles, aided by Coach Cheryl, to coax former All American Robert Hansen out of his 4 year retirement. Along with a self described overtapered Speedo, we should be pretty speedy in the 160-199 age group. Judging by the times Coach Cheryl entered us at, she thinks we're all in great condition and fully tapered. I also think it's fantastic that my team will have two 240-279 year old relays!

In light of this development, I am scratching the 100 fly. I would only have a nanosecond of rest and swimming it would suppress enjoyment of the "Festival." I prefer to be festive. I checked the NE Champs schedule and I can easily swim it on Saturday instead of 50 fly and have ample rest after my first 2 events. I asked Coach Charlie, the amazing meet director, to switch me to 50 breast. Haven't heard yet and he's very busy getting the relays entered. Either way is fine.

This could be the only chance that I have to swim relays with Teen Fort before she leaves for college. Between high school swimming and winter and spring rowing, she will be busy. I think our Zones meet will conflict with out of town regattas, though I'm not positive.

On anther note, I am deliriously happy to have dinner reservations for Thanksgiving. This is my least favorite holiday and the typical fare is just plain nasty.

Submit "It's On!, Friday, Nov. 16" to Digg Submit "It's On!, Friday, Nov. 16" to del.icio.us Submit "It's On!, Friday, Nov. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's On!, Friday, Nov. 16" to Google

Updated November 16th, 2012 at 06:29 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Teen fort thinking of Indy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Teen fort thinking of Indy?
    Really doubtful. She has State Champs, the Stotesbury Regatta and Nationals all in May. She might be able to squeak into one of our March meets.
    Relays: awesome.

100 fly: be festive.

Teen Fort: The happiest/saddest day approaches.

Thanksgiving: Dinner reservations to what country?
    I also think it's fantastic that my team will have two 240-279 year old relays!
    Really cool to see. There are some awfully fast swimmers around here at 60+. Good luck in the relays Fort. Sounds like fun.

On anther note, I am deliriously happy to have dinner reservations for Thanksgiving. This is my least favorite holiday and the typical fare is just plain nasty.
    Hope you aren't at a Chinese Restaurant for thanksgiving . [i love chinese, but...] Big chicken with mushed vegetables isn't great fare, but it's the family Rockwell moment that counts. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Relays: awesome.

100 fly: be festive.

Teen Fort: The happiest/saddest day approaches.

Thanksgiving: Dinner reservations to what country?
    50 breast instead of 100 fly it is! This will be festive because Teen Fort will be smoke me and be happy.

Bob Hansen must have realized how hard it is to say NO to Teen Fort. But it's a good thing he's out of retirement. He will age up pretty soon and give Jimby some more competition.

Sadly, not to another country. I need to punch a hard week of swim training before tapering for NE Champs. I may venture to LA with Teen Fort in Jan. though that does not seem particularly happiness inducing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Really cool to see. There are some awfully fast swimmers around here at 60+. Good luck in the relays Fort. Sounds like fun.

Hope you aren't at a Chinese Restaurant for thanksgiving . [i love chinese, but...] Big chicken with mushed vegetables isn't great fare, but it's the family Rockwell moment that counts. Enjoy.
    Yes, there are some very speedy 60 year olds. Unusual for a small gem to out four that age together though.

No Chinese; I'm not a fan. Fantastic restaurant.