View RSS Feed

slick's shoulder surgery blog

Might have spoke too soon

Rate this Entry
by , November 17th, 2012 at 06:54 PM (363 Views)
Well yesterday I wrote about how the first day of PT wasn't so bad....and it wasn't, until the evening came around. After I had repeated my series of exercises two more times during the day (as directed), my arm was killing me by bed time. Last night I slept horribly, probably the worst night since the surgery actually. I kept waking up with sharp pains and had a hard time staying comfortable. I've been able to sleep in my bed but I build a 'pillow fort' every night which keeps me reclined at about 45 degrees. I took a pain pill before bed as I have been doing all this week, but it obviously couldn't keep me comfortable last night.

I missed a dose of ibuprofen yesterday too, so I'm sure that contributed a bit even with the addition of my new exercises. I know its definitely the external rotation that is causing the pain....and literally all I can do right now is get my arm/elbow in a neutral position....aka not any real external rotation at all!

sigh....here we go!!!

Submit "Might have spoke too soon" to Digg Submit "Might have spoke too soon" to del.icio.us Submit "Might have spoke too soon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Might have spoke too soon" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments