View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Esprit de lane

Rate this Entry
Today I swam TNYA’s mid-day workout at John Jay College. It was a crowded pool—there were 7 in most lanes, including mine—but with considerate and mindful lanemates all things are possible. Mine kept me laughing in the intervals between swims as well—it was a reminder of why I really love swimming with this team.

Here’s what I did:

950 scy warmup: 300s, 7 x 50 kick @ :10 rest, 300 alt free/back by 50

12 x 25 @ :30: odds BK w/ 10 underwater kicks, evens FR

500 pull, with breathing pattern [I just did bilateral]

2x thru (First round = FR, 2nd round = BK on last 25 of single swims, then BK for all 4 50s)
150 @ 2:30
100 @ 1:40
50 @ 1:10
4 x 50 desc. @ 1:00 [31 on fastest FR, 35 on fastest BK]
50 easy
1:00 rest

Then we repeated all of the above from the 500 on, only skipping the last 150/100/50 on the last round because we were running out of time.

50 warmdown

Submit "Esprit de lane" to Digg Submit "Esprit de lane" to del.icio.us Submit "Esprit de lane" to StumbleUpon Submit "Esprit de lane" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

4 x 50 desc. @ 1:00 [31 on fastest FR, 35 on fastest BK]

smokin - way to go!
    Mine kept me laughing in the intervals between swims
    Wow! Swimmers can be funny? I will have to seek some out and ask if my lane mates have ever come across any.

mid-day workout
    Oh... nevermind... no one is funny at 5am.
    Thanks Bill! I'm trying to re-find my inner sprinter after burying her under tons of yardage for the last couple of seasons.

Q, I'm sure your lanemates have lots of stories to tell about funny swimmers.