View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Sun, Nov. 18, 2012 USAS Meet Results - Cheney, WA

Rate this Entry
I headed over to Eastern Washington University in Cheney, WA (close to Spokane) for Day 3 of the meet this weekend. It's nice only doing 1 day of these things.

All I can say is...man those kids are fast!!
There were a couple guys out there that were just unstoppable. I was watching two of them in my 200 Fly heat as well...they were that far ahead!

Did the team warmup with them prior to my events:

600 Free
3 x 200 "IMs" 25 Str/25 Free
8 x 50 Choice @ 1:15 (50 EZ/50 Fast)
2 x Dive 25s
-----------------
1650 Yards

1st event of the session was:

200 Fly - 2:10.15
28.1/32.4/34.3/35.2
Not my greatest showing. I was stuck in the lane adjacent to the warmup tank, so I was bounced around (felt like it) a bit during the swim. I got stuck on the laneline on my final 25 coming out of the breakout as well. That part really sucked. Stopped my momentum coming off the wall.
I ended up 3rd place in the race. 3rd, 4th, and 5th were within 0.5 seconds, so I won the touch at the finish. The Top 2 in the event were 1:54 & 1:58. Basically my best ever time from college wouldn't have won this heat!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSsj4dQSnnk"]11-18-12 - 200 SCY Fly, Cheney, WA USAS - YouTube[/nomedia]

200 Back - 2:16.25
31.2/35.5/35.3/33.6
Coach John wanted my to build my kick throughout the race, and put a little more SDK into my turns and streamlines. Accomplished both of those tasks, and while it wasn't my best performance in the race, it felt pretty good...and I almost ran down the guy next to me as well! 5th place in this one. Notice in the video that 1st place almost lapped me!!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5BxzguaKPc"]11-18-12 - 200 SCY Back, Cheney, WA - USAS - YouTube[/nomedia]

200 Free - 1:56.xx (didn't get official time)
27.1/29.5/30.2/29.2
I just didn't have the easy speed to get out, but I was able to hang on to the race well, and between lanes 1, 2(me), and 3, we had a great race on the final 50. I ended up on the losing end of the 3-way battle, but it was very close.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liv9RgKF0wU"]11-18-12 - 200 SCY Free, Cheney, WA - USAS - YouTube[/nomedia]

Submit "Sun, Nov. 18, 2012 USAS Meet Results - Cheney, WA" to Digg Submit "Sun, Nov. 18, 2012 USAS Meet Results - Cheney, WA" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun, Nov. 18, 2012 USAS Meet Results - Cheney, WA" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun, Nov. 18, 2012 USAS Meet Results - Cheney, WA" to Google

Updated November 18th, 2012 at 10:43 PM by jaadams1

Categories
Swim Workouts , Meets , Daily Practices

Comments

A nice showing from the old man!
    Good looking 2back, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    A nice showing from the old man!
    Good looking 2back, too.
    Thanks! I felt like an too. Recovery for me compared to these young buckos is a big difference as well!

Apologies for the unsteadiness of the camera shots...my 9 year old does her best. She said she didn't want to get wet so she kept running back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    my 9 year old does her best. She said she didn't want to get wet so she kept running back and forth.
    She did a great job! Enjoy those fun times in the car and time talking - you are a lucky man to have these opportunities and a daughter willing (more or less, I'm sure) to share them with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    She did a great job! Enjoy those fun times in the car and time talking - you are a lucky man to have these opportunities and a daughter willing (more or less, I'm sure) to share them with you.
    I bet you can imagine just how bored she got between events too! Luckily the session didn't last too long.