View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 11/19/12:

Rate this Entry
Played basketball last night in the first time in over a month. Stayed for two hours, we had 12 guys so played 3 teams of four. Probably played a little over an hour total on court. My legs are sore, but functioning, however I was the recipient of a chop block to the right forearm and that smarts a bit. With the BU meet in a few weekends, no more bball for me until after the swim.

Today:
w/u: 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill

Repeat two times:
2 x 200 pull w/ buoy
-1st round= Fr @2:40 - went 2:31, 2:28
-2nd round= Bk @3 - went 2:45, 2:41

4 x 50 kick on :55
On next bottom, do ...
1 x 400 FR GO!
-1st round = 4:51
-2nd round = 4:46

break with other swimmers

Repeat two times:
- 4 x 75 IM on 1:15 (work walls, FAST last length)
- 1 x 100 recovery kick

200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/3000 yds/65 min)
----------------------------
Felt a little sluggish in the water today. Counting the meet last weekend, I was only wet three times, the last swim on Thursday, so that is to be expected. I've been using my chin-up bar daily and foam rolling more, so I think that helps to some extend in feeling ok in the water.

The goal with the main set was to swim a 400 faster than the add-up of the pulled 200's. The kicks served as a transition into the longer swim. I am happy with those times, as it kinda justifies my base at 1:20 per hundred for sets, and I really attempted to kick more during the swims than I usually do. I wanted to keep playing with my breaststroke so did the IM rotations.

I could have gotten in another 10-15 minutes of swimming, but decided to end where I was. A bit too beat up from bball to attempt some Quarter's Strong or burst/cruise efforts.

Tonight I will be able to head to Bible study, and tomorrow night after work we are picking my daughter up from the train station in Albany - first time I'll get to see her since dropping her off at school in September. Looking forward to a fun visit with her over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Submit "Workout 11/19/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 11/19/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 11/19/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 11/19/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That first thanksgiving back from school is a milestone - enjoy Mike.
    Thanks, Bill. I will