View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Meet Hangover, Mon., Nov. 18

Rate this Entry
by , November 19th, 2012 at 05:30 PM (1380 Views)
Gym:

20 minutes of rehab ex
25-30 minutes of stretching/foam rolling

Swim/SCY/Solo:
2000 of slow mo drills & shooters

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I woke up with a meet hangover, tired and sore. I felt slightly better after the recovery swim, so am hopeful that I can rip off a good speed workout tomorrow. What looks more dubious is that I will have actual lanes to swim in this week. The pool was uncharacteristically crowded at 2:00 today when it is normally deserted. I am worried it will be a working around noodlers week. Blech.

Still very happy with the meet, and glad that I persevered and swam the 100 breast in the middle. There would be no chance to swim it at NE Champs where both the 100 and 200 breast are adjacent to my best events. I signed up today:

Sat: 100 IM, 50 free, 100 fly
Sun: 100 free, 50 back, 50 breast, 200 free

I entered the 100 and 200 free as if I were doing split requests. I haven't figured out what I want to do with those events. It will depend in part on what time I go in the open 50 free on Saturday. I'm also not positive I want to swim a super hard 100 free right before 50 back on Sunday. I might prefer to throw it in at the end of the day. No worries -- there is no contemplation at all that I will swim a 200 free for time.

Submit "Meet Hangover, Mon., Nov. 18" to Digg Submit "Meet Hangover, Mon., Nov. 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Meet Hangover, Mon., Nov. 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Meet Hangover, Mon., Nov. 18" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

No worries -- there is no contemplation at all that I will swim a 200 free for time.
    Really?! I thought for sure you were going for it this time!

Good luck at the meet, and whatever happens, make sure you beat rxleakem in the 50 Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Really?! I thought for sure you were going for it this time!

Good luck at the meet, and whatever happens, make sure you beat rxleakem in the 50 Back!
    I really should have researched his times before agreeing to the gridge!

I'd rather swim 200 evil than 200 free.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I really should have researched his times before agreeing to the gridge.
    Now you sound like Q! Haha
    You beat me last year, so you have the upper hand going in.
    Oh, and thanks for the love, James.
    I really should have researched his times before agreeing to the gridge!

I'd rather swim 200 evil than 200 free.
    So you're doing a 200 breast gridge?
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Now you sound like Q! Haha
    You beat me last year, so you have the upper hand going in.
    Oh, and thanks for the love, James.
    Just trying to "poke the tiger" like a few weeks ago in my practice. Kick her butt...it's only a 50!
    Now you sound like Q!
    By that you mean wise... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    So you're doing a 200 breast gridge?
    Yes, James does 200 doggy paddle with ankle strapes and I do 200 evil.
    Just trying to "poke the tiger" like a few weeks ago in my practice. Kick her butt...it's only a 50!
    It's "only" a 50?! You mean the event of the best athlete? The event it's hardest to TT in? The event where you can make no mistakes? The event where top end speed is key and Mike was doing OW swims this summer? muhahahaha
    Yes, James does 200 doggy paddle with ankle strapes and I do 200 evil.
    Hmmmmmm....make it a 250 evil.
    It's "only" a 50?! You mean the event of the best athlete? The event it's hardest to TT in? The event where you can make no mistakes? The event where top end speed is key and Mike was doing OW swims this summer? muhahahaha
    When do we get to call you grandma?
    Hmmmmmm....make it a 250 evil.
    Hmmm ... worth considering!
    When do we get to call you grandma?
    Hopefully, not for a least 10 years!
    The event where you can make no mistakes? The event where top end speed is key and Mike was doing OW swims this summer? muhahahaha
    Tangent alert!

Why was James Magnusson not winning the 100 at the Olympics such an epic shock? Granted, you've got a little more room to recover from mistakes in a 100, but it's a sprint, isn't it? (Granted, everything under a 500 is a sprint in my book.)

(Nathan Adrian was, of course, propelled in the last moments of the race by his extreme good looks, so poor James never really had a chance.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Tangent alert!

Why was James Magnusson not winning the 100 at the Olympics such an epic shock? Granted, you've got a little more room to recover from mistakes in a 100, but it's a sprint, isn't it? (Granted, everything under a 500 is a sprint in my book.)

(Nathan Adrian was, of course, propelled in the last moments of the race by his extreme good looks, so poor James never really had a chance.)
    Hmm ... I think Magnusson is pretty hunky too. However, anything can happen in a sprint, even a 100 at that level. Plus, after he stunk on the relay, he was vulnerable. So, yes, no real shock.
    That is a cool cat shot. But, admit it, you do have a certain love of OW. Distance kills speed, distance kills speed, distance ...
    That is a cool cat shot. But, admit it, you do have a certain love of OW. Distance kills speed, distance kills speed, distance ...
    I know... I was never really fond of OW, but have really grown to enjoy it immensely over the past two years. It is a totally different animal ...

Maybe with two weeks of speed work/taper I will find some horsepower.
    Hmm ... I think Magnusson is pretty hunky too. However, anything can happen in a sprint, even a 100 at that level. Plus, after he stunk on the relay, he was vulnerable. So, yes, no real shock.
    Magnusson is hunky too. Adrian is both hunky and adorable.