View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Nov. 20

Rate this Entry
by , November 20th, 2012 at 05:38 PM (825 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
5 x 50 single arm fly @ 1:00
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands drills @ 1:00
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst + cruise, dolphin kick @ 1:00
100 EZ

5 x (25 fly + 25 EZ) @ 1:00-1:10
25 fly = breathing 2 up 1 down, practicing breathing more as I think I may need more air in my 100 IM and 100 fly with all the SDKs
50 EZ

Did a set from HIT Workout #1:
[ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=21634"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame]

4 x (50 + 2 x 25 + 50) free w/small paddles stolen from Lil Fort & fins
1st 50 = 200 pace @ 1:00
1st 25 = 100 pace @ 1:00
2nd 25 = AFAP @ 1:00
2nd 50 = EZ @ 1:00
1:00 extra rest between rounds

100 EZ

2 x (6 x 25 @ 100 pace + 100 EZ)
-- one round breast dolphin w/fins & small paddles
-- one round dolphin kick w/board & fins
-- meant to do another round, but I was too blasted

4 x 50 torque drill w/paddles @ 1:30
50 EZ

Total: 3450

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still feeling a bit from the meet. I guess 5 events takes more of a toll than my usual 3. Given that, I did an easy-ish speed workout today. Happily, the pool was pretty empty today. I hope it is tomorrow as well, though you'd think people would be doing their pre-turkey burn.

I'm bummed, I seem to have lost my agility paddles. Checked lost and found and they aren't their either.

Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 20" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 20" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Bummer on the paddles. I would have stole them if I had the opportunity, but sadly it was Speedo.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Bummer on the paddles. I would have stole them if I had the opportunity, but sadly it was Speedo.
    Thief!

I want some in my Xmas stocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I want some in my Xmas stocking.
    Me, too! Only, once I told my family I wanted them for Xmas, I then got bummed I couldn't spring the $20 and have them sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Me, too! Only, once I told my family I wanted them for Xmas, I then got bummed I couldn't spring the $20 and have them sooner.
    I thought about that too! However, since I'm tapering and goofing off after taper, I think I have no urgent need of them. And it still seems like they are making them in only one size. I was hoping for the small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I am having the same problem with a Dolfin Uglies practice suit. I just noticed that a patch on my Nike practice suit is starting to wear thin and now I'm not sure I'll make it to Christmas without getting another suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I am having the same problem with a Dolfin Uglies practice suit. I just noticed that a patch on my Nike practice suit is starting to wear thin and now I'm not sure I'll make it to Christmas without getting another suit.
    Just double/triple 'em up, with a nylon men's drag suit over the top. I wear 3 or so suits like this normally. Can't afford to swim in 1 suit all the time, and the others prefer that I remain covered as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Just double/triple 'em up, with a nylon men's drag suit over the top. I wear 3 or so suits like this normally. Can't afford to swim in 1 suit all the time, and the others prefer that I remain covered as well.
    So not a fan of multiple drag suits here. Renew your USMS membership and use one of the discounts to get a new suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    So not a fan of multiple drag suits here. Renew your USMS membership and use one of the discounts to get a new suit.
    I already renewed! The cost of the suit isn't an issue so much as my inability to make decisions is. I'd asked for the Dolfin Uglies suit so that someone else would pick the hideous color and pattern. What will happen now is that I will be paralyzed with choices, finally decide, and then get the identical suit under the tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I already renewed! The cost of the suit isn't an issue so much as my inability to make decisions is. I'd asked for the Dolfin Uglies suit so that someone else would pick the hideous color and pattern. What will happen now is that I will be paralyzed with choices, finally decide, and then get the identical suit under the tree.
    I just always order black suits. No decision!