View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

An early celebration

Rate this Entry
Thanksgiving came early today as Rondi, John, and I celebrated the season with the traditional turducken set. The water was a mite cooler than on Monday, when I had deemed it too hot for a workout and just done some easy drills and practiced my backwards swimming. (How hot is too hot? If I stick my tongue out while Iím swimming and thereís no discernible difference between the temp of the pool water and the inside of my mouth, thatís too hot). But I was also better prepared, having brought both a lycra cap and my new creation, a cap into which I had cut ventilation holes, stegosaurus style:

O Holey Cap!

The latter worked well, and kept me from overheating during the following:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200d/s)

4 x 350 Turduckens, done as follows
100 FL / 50 BK / 50 BR / 50 BK / 100 FL
100 BK / 50 BR / 50 FR / 50 BR / 100 BK
100 BR / 50 FR / 50 FL / 50 FR / 100 BR
100 FR / 50 FL / 50 BK / 50 FL / 100 FR

After the turduckens, we all played around with backwards swimmingómy backwards backstroke is getting better, giving me hope that I can get my backwards 50IM time under 2:30--then I did the following short finishing set

2 x 200, odds FR w/ paddles, evens swim
100 warmdown

That was it! Iíll see if I feel like another help of turduckens tomorrow (or maybe Iíll dream up the swimming equivalent of the veggiducken . . .) And the new hat style is definitely a keeper for those warm Riverbank mornings!

Submit "An early celebration" to Digg Submit "An early celebration" to del.icio.us Submit "An early celebration" to StumbleUpon Submit "An early celebration" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy turducken day! I miss y'all and would like to see a picture of the cap on your head please.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool tourist
    Happy turducken day! I miss y'all and would like to see a picture of the cap on your head please.
    Couldn't you just wait and see it in person?
    (I was told I looked like a dolphin, with a blowhole on the top of my head.)

We missed you this morning--three seemed like a small gathering for a turducken feast!