View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Rate this Entry
by , November 22nd, 2012 at 06:33 PM (445 Views)
Happy Thanksgiving!

SCY@Catalina Isle Community HOA Pool (1 Length/12.5 yards)
Air temp of 60, pool at 77, 100% water clarity.
Sunny skies with humidity at 51%

Warm Up
200 yds FR

*Set 1*
1x2000 FR
  • Build effort by 500, 1-4

*Set 2*
10x250 FR on 1min rest
did each 250 as:
  1. 100 smooth
  2. 100 strong
  3. 50 fast

200 FR warm down

Comments
  • Both FMAC and FGCU pools are closed today, tomorrow, and it is unlikely I will be able to get over to either one before Monday, so the neighborhood community pool is where I can swim the next three days.
  • Swimming in this little pool doing so many turns actually provides a good workout. However, it is mentally challenging to sustain quality stroke technique and turns with such repetition of laps.
  • It was a beautiful morning and the view is great as the pool & clubhouse overlook the first lake of the three small lakes in the Catalina Isle.

Submit "Thursday, November 22, 2012" to Digg Submit "Thursday, November 22, 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, November 22, 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, November 22, 2012" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I salute your dedication - swimming in such a short pool would drive me crazy (granted, it's a short drive). I was supposed to swim at a school near my aunt and uncle's house this morning but I woke up with a nasty (non-hangover) headache. I think a head cold is thinking about moving in, but I am fighting back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    ...woke up with a nasty (non-hangover) headache. I think a head cold is thinking about moving in, but I am fighting back!
    Yes, do not let that cold go any further! That little pool is about 5 min walk from my house. What motivates me most is how I would feel if I was not in the water 4 or more days. Now that I have some training momentum, I want to keep it going forward as best possible. Wishing you the best of good family times and being healthy!