View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Swimming it off...

Rate this Entry
by , November 25th, 2012 at 07:18 PM (323 Views)
After the nearly week-long food binge I stepped on the scale at the Kenosha Y this afternoon (we flew into O'Hare this morning and pulled into town just after noon)... And I somehow lost two pounds this week!

I did one last swim, 3K continuous, at Deep Eddy yesterday morning. Air temps in the 50s, water 70, sunny and bright... felt wonderful. The last outdoor swim for a while for me. I decided to go to the Y this afternoon (after the Bears game) to decompress. The long flight left me feeling tight; I thought about skipping today, but thought better of it. By the time I got in the water I had exactly 44 minutes before they closed the pool. So I just did a lot of drill work: 2400 yards total.

Warm-up:
100 free
100 breast
100 back
100 free w/ fins
100 kick w/ fins/board

Drills (w/ fins):
100 spear
100 shark tail
100 sail
100 corkscrew
100 back kick
200 side kick series
100 kick w/ board

5 x through:
100 pull
100 free (hard)

Cool-down:
100 br

The scale, post-swim, was very generous to me. I think I did a lot more walking in Austin on top of my swimming regimen... maybe that helped reduce the "bottom" line. But I'm encouraged.

Submit "Swimming it off..." to Digg Submit "Swimming it off..." to del.icio.us Submit "Swimming it off..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Swimming it off..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments