View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Fri, Nov. 30, 2012 7:00-8:30pm Meet Prep

Rate this Entry
I got my spot all reserved at the pool (got my chair set down at least), and that's the most important thing. It's gonna be crazy as hell at the pool this weekend, and every chance I can get, I'm gonna vacate the place for my house.

In other good news, my 15 year old teammate Jared swam a couple events today at the Husky Invitational in Federal Way, WA today, one of which was the 500 Free. He went a new PB of 4:52.77, dropping almost 10 seconds. Out in a 54mid, held 29mids the rest of the way. Awesome. Now I just need to follow suit.

--------------------

Warmup/Workout:

1000 Free warmup, stretch it out
1000 Kick w/ fins and board (I did about 500 or so with board only, NO FINS, really really easy)
1000 Pull - did 500 Free, then switched to 75 Free/25 Front SCull the rest of the 2nd 500

The set:
12 x 50 IMOrder (3 of each) @ 1:15
-- Drill, then Build, then Sprint by 50s
felt really good here, went fast!

4 x Dive 25s from the blocks that were just set up. Kids got to practice their shallow water dives into the 4'3" of water.

12 x 25 turns 25s from the middle of the pool, 6 @ each end.

outta there!

------------------------
~3400 Yards (maybe)

I took a look at the heat sheet on the wall at the pool. Not a lot of fast folks, but I'll have a good run for my money with 3 or 4 boys from the Moses Lake team. I'm the top seeds in the 100 & 200 Breast, & 200 Fly, with 2nd-4th in my other events, aside from the stupid 50 Free which I'm 6th.
It will be a fun meet, and I'm ready to race.

Submit "Fri, Nov. 30, 2012 7:00-8:30pm Meet Prep" to Digg Submit "Fri, Nov. 30, 2012 7:00-8:30pm Meet Prep" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri, Nov. 30, 2012 7:00-8:30pm Meet Prep" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri, Nov. 30, 2012 7:00-8:30pm Meet Prep" to Google

Comments

Good luck. Congrats to Jared for being in the sub-5 500 club. One of my kids' coaches was a distance guy and he gives any kid who makes that a special "sub 5" t-shirt. They are highly prized.
    Thanks Patrick! I just got back home after the team warmup at the meet, which was nuts BTW. I'm not in the first event (meet starts at 9), either, so I don't swim till about 11:30am. It's a non-split format meet, so everyone is crammed into this little place. It wouldn't be bad if it was warm outside, but its about 40 right now. I like living 5 minutes away from the pool, so I can vacate when needed.
    aside from the stupid 50 Free which I'm 6th
    I don't understand the derogatory remarks about events you can't place well in.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I don't understand the derogatory remarks about events you can't place well in.
    It's a distance guy thing.