View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Vanderbilt YMCA

Rate this Entry
I had a nice mid-morning swim at the Vanderbilt Y (on East 47th between 2nd and 3rd Avenues) today. I hadnít been to this pool in a few years--it's across town, a couple of subway trains away--and getting over there turned out to be an adventure in lostness. I got lost trying to find the elusive Northwest Passage (yes itís called that) out of Grand Central Station (which I was determined to use to avoid walking a couple of extra blocks outside, in the cold--did I mention it's winter here now?) I was confused again trying to find the womenís locker room once I got to the Y. After Iíd changed, it was down into the sub-basement and through a maze of corridors before I finally stumbled upon the pool Ö oops, the wrong pool Ö then some more wandering around until I finally found the lap swimming pool. There I was very happy to find Hannah, Ken, and Yuta colonizing the fast lane. They kindly stopped to explain the mega-set in progress to me. I joined in, customizing it as follows:

600 scy warmup (6 x 25 back/75 free)
400 FR drill with peppy turns
300 IM sandwich (100fr/100im/100fr) @ 4:30
3 x 100 free/back halfsies @ 1:30
400 IM play
300 IM sandwich @ 4:30
3 x 100 FR/BK halfsies @ 1:30
6 x 50 FR @ :45, switching leader every 50
3 x 100 FR/BK halfsies @ 1:25, 1:30, 1:35

4 x 50 @ 1:15 to warm back up after chatting

Then I did this last bit on my own:

4 x 50 IM order @ :55 (25 build into turn, fast turn, rest easy)

6 x 25 BR, working on pullouts and finishes

400 FR drill + warmdown

I felt good and smooth by the end of this workout. The pool was pleasantly cool, and it was nice swimming with a group of friends after doing a lot of solo swimming this week.

Submit "Vanderbilt YMCA" to Digg Submit "Vanderbilt YMCA" to del.icio.us Submit "Vanderbilt YMCA" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vanderbilt YMCA" to Google

Updated December 2nd, 2012 at 08:21 AM by swimsuit addict

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments