View RSS Feed

joel schmaltz

SC SCM State Meet (Fri & Sat)

Rate this Entry
Two days down, one more to go. I am swimming well for me. I have only one small selfish complaint which will come later. I entered the same events as last year with the times from last year. I have my splits but left them in my truck and am too lazy to go get them.

Fri night 1500
-- This was not a race, strictly warm up for the weekend.
Entered w/ 23:07.43 Went 22:33.39

Sat **Self inflicted trouble
100 IM
Entered w/ 1:21.33 Went 1:21.15
Consistent

50 Breast (10 min later)
Entered w/ 42.14 Went 40.43
Personel best

100 Back (30 min later)
Entered w/ 1:22.74 Went 1:21.31
Personel best. Best part of this race was I went 39.??/41.??. I have never split a 100 that well.

Mixed 200 MR
-Was stuck going bk and was a low 38
State Record

200 Breast (25 min later)
Entered w/ 3:22.30 Went 3:21.11
Long glide with little effort. I'm sorry, but this is just a silly event. I am sure it is a difficult event if you swim it hard and correctly. Not me.

Mens 200 FR (40 min later)
-I actually anchored this one butdon't know what i went yet.

400 IM
Here comes my complaint. Ususally the take a quick break after the Relays. I was still in the pool from the relay when the first whistle was blown for the my heat to swim. REALLY?? I was so frusrated that I just floated through it. I was looking forward to this one.
Entered w/6:36.90 Went a mid 6:38

I really have no reason to complain. I swam well and I was the one that signed upnfor this mess. I just was expecting a small break.

Pasta √
Couple of beers √
next

Submit "SC SCM State Meet (Fri & Sat)" to Digg Submit "SC SCM State Meet (Fri & Sat)" to del.icio.us Submit "SC SCM State Meet (Fri & Sat)" to StumbleUpon Submit "SC SCM State Meet (Fri & Sat)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lots of racing today, nice job!! That looks similar to what I'm doing to myself as well.
    good swims Joel and good luck tomorrow. nice 50br drop. i had pretty much the same experience with the 200br especially late in the meet.
    Nice swimming! PB's in all but one event is great
    Great job Joel! Chuck Geggie would be proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    good swims Joel and good luck tomorrow. nice 50br drop. i had pretty much the same experience with the 200br especially late in the meet.
    Thank you! Very happy with my 50br drop. I figure the 2br will help me with my IM's somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Nice swimming! PB's in all but one event is great
    Thanks! Faster than last year so I can't complain. It makes for a nice ride home.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Great job Joel! Chuck Geggie would be proud.
    Thanks Kirk! CG, that brings back some memories. Some of which should not be mentioned here. C'mon Nels!
    Just got off the phone with my mom and we were talking about swimming. She mentioned Ty's comment about asking if the set was supposed to be balls out.
    She mentioned Ty's comment about asking if the set was supposed to be balls out.
    I am so glad that I was on the opposite side of the pool and didn't get the full visual that you John and Ty had.
    I noticed you didn't mention that in the Christmas Training thread.