Rate this Entry
Got to the pool early for the team warmup:

SCY
7:30am:
600 Free
2 x 200 "IM" (Stroke down/Free back)
6 x 50 Alt. EZ/Fast CHoice of stroke @ 1:00
2 x Dive 25s

Then I left for a while (from 8:15-11:00), since they had the younger kids warmup times, plus I wasn't in the first event of the meet. It is a non-split meet, so there is lots of waiting time as well.

100 Breast - 1:08.90 was 1st place
32.4/36.5
Decent race, I ended up "kicking air" a couple of times on my first strokes after the pullout, but still managed to have a good swim.

200 IM - 2:13.23 was 3rd place
27.5/35.9/39.3/30.1
While this race was on par with my other recent 200 IM swims in meets, my backstroke just suffered badly. I was running down some people in the breaststroke, which is strange, but I'll take it.

200 Medley Relay (co-ed mix) - did Breast - went 30.3
our original backstroker got sick, so we had to sub in another girl. That's too bad, cause she's one of the fastest girls in the state, and would've got us a nice lead against the boys team from Moses Lake. I ended up with about a 3-4 second deficit when I dove in for my FIRST EVER breaststroke leg of a medley relay. I've done the other 3 strokes, just never been needed to do breast. It was fun.

200 Back - 2:20.blah-blah was 3rd
32.8/35.9/36.5/35.3
This one felt horrible, I was tired, it was a tough race for me today, like usual.

200 Fly - 2:11.xx - was 1st place
28.8/33.1/34.8/34.4
This was decent, considering how tired I was at the start. I had two boys on either side of me about 4-5 seconds back, and I keep peeking at them on the turns. Kept my 2-up, 1 down breathing pattern going, and that's actually what kept me from feeling pain.

500 Free - 5:17.98 - was 1st place
1:00.59/1:05.2/1:04.4/1:04.6/1:02.8
This came close to an even split race. It happened exactly 15 minutes after the 200 Fly, we had a 15 min. break, then I was in the 1st heat of the fast-slow seedings. I beat my previous season time from Bainbridge by 2 seconds or so, so that was good as well. It's also about 6 seconds from my masters best time.

My placings are so high in this meet because most of the fast kids in the area are either at the Husky Invite meet in Federal Way, or at the other LMSC meet on the eastern side of the LMSC. We've just got the "western" teams here this weekend.
I've got the other half of events to do tomorrow, it's gonna be tough, 2 day meets are always like that for me...these kids can recover like nothing, but us need a little something more to bring us back. -->

Submit "Sat. Dec. 1, 2012 USAS Meet Results - E. Wenatchee" to Digg Submit "Sat. Dec. 1, 2012 USAS Meet Results - E. Wenatchee" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat. Dec. 1, 2012 USAS Meet Results - E. Wenatchee" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat. Dec. 1, 2012 USAS Meet Results - E. Wenatchee" to Google

Comments

Tough schedule James. Nice BR split on your relay. I didn't think that breaststroke was your thing. Bravo on the rest of your races! Time to carb up.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Tough schedule James. Nice BR split on your relay. I didn't think that breaststroke was your thing. Bravo on the rest of your races! Time to carb up.
    Thanks Joel! The relay was fun for sure! I can do breaststroke well, when it's in a breaststroke event...but when it's 3rd in the IM, I can't quite get as much umph out of it, if you know what I mean. At least breast is better than backstroke. I'll leave that stroke for that guy with the big head.
    did Breast - went 30.3
    that's flyin James, and the 1:08 100br and 5:17 500 fr too. good luck tomorrow - not too much recovery fluids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    that's flyin James, and the 1:08 100br and 5:17 500 fr too. good luck tomorrow - not too much recovery fluids.
    Thanks a lot! Tomorrow's a much easier day. Only 200 Free and 200 Breast are "tough", the others are all short races.

Oh, and only Mtn. Dew for this age grouper. I gave up the "good stuff" 10+ years ago.
    Great swimming and showing those youngings what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Great swimming and showing those youngings what's up.
    Thanks! Coach John's last words to me before the 100 Breast: "don't let those teeny-boppers beat you".
    He did know they weren't breaststrokers too.
    Definitely impressive breaststroke swims!

You mentioning the Husky Invite made me look up the results. Check out this swim in the 200 IM:
    1 Brewer, Thomas 16 CURR-OR 1:48.39 1:47.17!
    r:+0.63 22.77 50.27 (27.50)
    1:20.99 (30.72) 1:47.17 (26.18)

New meet record by a 16 year old! The club "CURR" is Current Swimming in Bend.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Definitely impressive breaststroke swims!

You mentioning the Husky Invite made me look up the results. Check out this swim in the 200 IM:
    1 Brewer, Thomas 16 CURR-OR 1:48.39 1:47.17!
    r:+0.63 22.77 50.27 (27.50)
    1:20.99 (30.72) 1:47.17 (26.18)

New meet record by a 16 year old!
    200 Breaststroke is coming tomorrow!

Yeah, I saw that in the 200 IM at Husky. Very impressive! (my breast split 30.3 on the relay barely beat his breast split in the 200 IM)
    If anything that free split is the weak one for him. But I guess after going out in a 22 for fly...
    Another full boat of good swimming today, James. Your 200 fly and 500 free were split very nicely!
    good swimming!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'll leave that stroke for that guy with the big head.
    It's like an orange on a toothpick
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Another full boat of good swimming today, James. Your 200 fly and 500 free were split very nicely!
    Thanks Patrick! After today, I should've called it a weekend on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    good swimming! It's like an orange on a toothpick
    Like this??: