10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ
5 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:30
50 EZ
3 x 25 @ 100 pace + 25 EZ @ 1:30
100 EZ

Total: 1450

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back from South Carolina after a couple days on the road. I am so proud of Lil Fort! She raced her heart out at AAU Cross Country Nationals, dropping over a minute, and finishing 6th overall. This is the first real competition she's had in a XC race this year and that made a huge difference. She ran 10:49 in the 11-12 3K. The competition was fiercer this year than in previous years. We theorize that people are boycotting USATF Nationals in NM bc of the altitude. There were teams from CA, TX, FL, etc.

Unfortunately, I felt like crap in the water after 2 days of very poor sleep and travel. Reminds me of my pre-Auburn power outage debacle. I also seemed to have strained my lower right calf muscle sprinting at top speed around the cross country course with Mr. Fort to cheer for Lil Fort. I hope it feels better by next Saturday. Prolly falls in the category of doing dumb things while tapering. But it was worth it!

NE Champs is up to 412 swimmers with one day to go. I've been watching SPSM results. I notice they start at 12-1 pm each day -- jealous!

Submit "Sunday, Dec. 2" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Dec. 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Dec. 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Dec. 2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Very cool
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Very cool
    Thx Ande. She was super happy. She was 17th in the 3K at track nationals last August, so this was a big improvement. She's learning how to pace/push herself.
    foam roller on the calf for about 10-15 min about 3-4x per day after 5- 10 min of ice for two days - seemed to help. might want to give fins a rest for a few days if it is still hurting in the pool - fins seem to cramp my calves when im tight. Also bought some knee high compression socks that reportedly encouorage recovery and they seemed to worthwhile (but expensive).

great 3k race pace for lil fort.
    Updated December 3rd, 2012 at 11:44 AM by Sojerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    foam roller on the calf for about 10-15 min about 3-4x per day after 5- 10 min of ice for two days - seemed to help. might want to give fins a rest for a few days if it is still hurting in the pool - fins seem to cramp my calves when im tight. Also bought some knee high compression socks that reportedly encouorage recovery and they seemed to worthwhile (but expensive).

great 3k race pace for lil fort.
    Thanks Bill. I have some compression socks and will put those on. Though my calf pain has now been eclipsed by a stomach virus.

Not doing much in the pool anyway this week.